Good Afternoon Everyone 😎

Midlife Ska Band

Hello everyone

I'd like to introduce myself and the band to you all, I am Richard Beckwith or Becky as everyone calls me, to my face anyway 🤣 and I am the drummer in Midlife.

Some of you will already know us from the gig we did down at one of your meets at Rolls Royce Social Club in Barnoldswick back in June, but for those that couldn't make it that night, Wully being one, I'd like to give you a brief introduction to the band.

We're currently a 6 piece Ska/2tone Band hailing from the very musical town of Barnoldswick! We formed in 2012 and have played all over the UK at Venues such as Butlins Skegness and Minehead at The Great British Alternative Festival, on the line up with bands such as Bad Manners, Neville Staple from The Specials, From The Jam featuring Bruce Foxton, The Undertones, The Stranglers, Blockheads, Boom Town Rats, Sham 69 and many more, we've also played venues closer to home such as The Cavern Liverpool and King George's Hall Blackburn and regularly support Bad Manners when they play in the North West.

We're grateful to Jeff for booking us for your meet in Goosnargh in November next year and can't wait to play for you all again. You were a super crowd recently in Barnoldswick and we're looking forward to seeing you all again, along with some new faces.

What you can expect...
We have a varied set, of which I'm sure there'll be something for everyone. We are predominantly a Ska band, playing all the hits from Madness, Bad Manners, The Specials, The Beat etc and also do some originals of the same genre. We bring plenty of energy and I'm sure, even the most ardent of velcro seats won't prevent you from joining us on the dance floor. There'll be a few dedications to some of your members and you can also bank on Nellie joining us once again.

Thanks for the add to the site, we'll see you all next year, if not before.

Cheers everyone 🍺😎👍

Becky
Midlife Ska Band

Last edited:
Hello Richard and welcome to the forum, it is a pleasure to have you on board, we are very much looking forward to having you at the top of the bill for our premier event next November at Goosnargh and I for one cannot wait, you were superb at Barlic, as you can see the event is filling up fast and Wully is on the list also lol, enjoy the forum and take care 🎷 :cool: 🎷 :cool: (y)

The night will be COMPLETE and UTTER madness, but don't worry, MADNESS IS ALL IN THE MIND and will soon DISAPPEAR, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, to save your EMBARRASSMENT and next morning it'll be ONE BETTER DAY, but be sure to pack your BAGGY TROUSERS as it could well be a GREY DAY, in which case you'll also need your PAC-A-MAC and your factor 30 as no doubt we'll get THE SUN AND THE RAIN. I'll be fetching MY GIRL as I'm LOVESTRUCK, she comes to all my shows, IT MUST BE LOVE, but I can TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT, but without her it's MISERY (Earby Micks Favourite) BELIEVE ME. Don't get confused we don't live in OUR HOUSE, we're ROCKING IN A FLAT, but you do get fed in the morning, they call it BED AND BREAKFAST MAN 😎👍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back