Heads up.

debs

The Carlisle Calor depot off Jcn 44 (M6) on the Kingstown ind est, have removed the gas fill up point! Apparently it was not cost effective. You can still get exchange bottles.:mad:

Last edited:
Last time I was in Carlisle I went to Thomas Proctor and son
Station ID:1482 on FillLPG

It's not marked on Google maps sadly as Thomas Proctor but is the next unit past the TMS Motor spares place on Brunel road
Here

Dunno if that's helpful :cool:

I get my gas from Thomas Proctor. It is about 100 yards from the A1 Western Bypass in Gateshead on the Team Valley Trading Estate. Filled up yesterday actually.

Reactions: RAW
Last time I was in Carlisle I went to Thomas Proctor and son
Station ID:1482 on FillLPG

It's not marked on Google maps sadly as Thomas Proctor but is the next unit past the TMS Motor spares place on Brunel road
Here

Dunno if that's helpful :cool:
This is the station I use, but a larger van would struggle as there is not much room to maneuver to get to the gas pump. Filled up yesterday, and the price was 55p a litre + vat. I got 19.7 litres which totaled £13.01. Happy bunny. :)

Reactions: RAW
This is the station I use, but a larger van would struggle as there is not much room to maneuver to get to the gas pump. Filled up yesterday, and the price was 55p a litre + vat. I got 19.7 litres which totaled £13.01. Happy bunny. :)
Yes that's true, it's quite tight around the Point where they dispense from. There is also a Shell Station dispensing LPG near Carlisle as well
Shell Carlisle North
Station ID:3284
M6/A74 Northbound, Carlisle
CA6 4HA

But more expensive than Thomas Proctor

Are new vans mostly fitted with inbuilt tanks or are they still being made to house cylinders?
Van's I have looked at recently that have been made in the past 5 years tend to have fill points for LPG for habitation.
If you have Cylinders a Gas Fitter could convert it to use a fill point by fitting a GasIt type Cylinder instead and then having the fill being done from an external LPG filler Cap also fitted.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back