Help for tablet users....

Val54

Hi Phil

Is there any chance of putting a “back to the top of page” button at the bottom of each page to stop me wearing out my finger scrolling back up to my next thread destination, or am I being thick and it’s already available....

Thanks
Dave

Hi Phil

Is there any chance of putting a “back to the top of page” button at the bottom of each page to stop me wearing out my finger scrolling back up to my next thread destination, or am I being thick and it’s already available....

Thanks
Dave
It may be different for different tablets, but on mine, I get the little green box up-arrow if I "waggle" the screen up and down a little.
HTH.

Thanks for that, yes I can see that now. Might be easier if was coded as a static item next to “post thread”, just a thought.

Steve, on my phone there's a word link to Home... right at the very bottom of the pages in the green band that starts with 'Contact us'. Haven't checked my tablet yet but I'll boot it up and have a look.

Edit to say... just noticed it's also there on the full website on my laptop, so must be standard for all formats.

Yes i've seen the “home” link, but most of the time I want to go to the top of the page i’m on ...... it’s no big deal but it would be useful.
Dave

Yes i've seen the “home” link, but most of the time I want to go to the top of the page i’m on ...... it’s no big deal but it would be useful.
Dave
Sorry I've confused things Dave... my comment was answering Steve's query above.
As for getting back to the top of the page, on a keyboard, you can use Control+Up, ie the control key and the up cursor key together. As long as you don't have a cursor flashing in the reply box, that key combination will take you to the top of the page you're viewing. On my iPad, I get the same little green arrow appearing that Wildebus mentioned, so I think that's the only way with a touchscreen... unless someone knows better ;)

Hi, if you are on an apple product try tapping above the name of the website when you are at the bottom of the page and it will return you to the top. You might have to try it out a few times until you get the hang of it.

I’m on iPad right now and if I get to the bottom of the age there appears a small green arrow, click and I’m back to the top. Otherwise I’ll do the left hand back arrow that appears very top left of the screen

• Thank You
Reactions: 2cv
Dave

Ah, ok. Just out of interest, why are you going to the top of the page?

I’m on iPad right now and if I get to the bottom of the age there appears a small green arrow, click and I’m back to the top. Otherwise I’ll do the left hand back arrow that appears very top left of the screen

Thanks for that. i couldn’t find the green arrow but scrolling right down to the bottom brought it up. Excellent!

That worked well on mine - thank you (y)

Ah, ok. Just out of interest, why are you going to the top of the page?

I tend to navigate using the “new posts” tab at the top so a quick link is useful rather than scrolling?
Thanks for everyone’s input.
Dave

Ah, ok. I go to the home page and look for the threads in Bold.
I do that too Steve... I like to see it ordered in sections for some reason.

I wish tablets were sold with sailfish or pure android rather than the spyware they embed on most,like google.:cry:
Trev, you do know who owns the Android OS, don't you?

Trev, you do know who owns the Android OS, don't you?
Not pure andriod as its open sorce and free,sail fish has no spyware which im getting very sick of.
Those who like to give there lifes details out to all thats fine my me if there so daft to do so,but im not going to,sorry if this bores folk.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back