Henchman Ladders for Roof Cleaning. Anyone bought these?

The ladders arrived about 1 hour ago, minus the Free Gift Heavy Duty Gardening Gloves, though there were 2 sizeable holes in the plastic wrapping roughly where the gloves would have been inserted! Rang Henchman who were very apologetic and have promised to post a replacement pair of gloves today! The Customer Service has been excellent, and having stripped off all the plastic, foam and protective padding to inspect the ladders, they look to be a very well made piece of kit. Very pleased so far, will need to give them a quick road test before the rain sets in for the day

Steve

Test drove the new ladders; they performed excellently once I had fitted the rubber feet! Managed to clean about 90% of the roof from the pavement, and able to get good pressure on the extending brush to clean off all the black mottling/spotty rubbish. I did contemplate turning Brunhilde around to reach the small unwashed area, but the rain started so play abandoned for the day

The ladders weigh only 10kg so are easy to manoeuvre, and the balance on the platform step felt very secure, with the hips against the top rail providing the support. Glad that I bought these ladders rather than opting for a tall conventional stepladder, despite the additional cost of the Henchman ladders; I can see where the extra money has been spent on the product

Steve

sounds good.
I think for the best results however more practice will make perfect?

so what time shall I come round with the Autotrail? (don't worry, I'll make you a cuppa once you are half-way done ;) )
At your convenience, David! Black coffee, no sugar, please ... The roof has never looked so clean, and it didn't really take very long, allowing for the fact that I was a] being very careful re the footpath edge, b] careful re Brunhilde's bodywork proximity, and c] checking that the security pins and safety chain were still in situ after each move of the ladder; and lastly, moving the ladder just for trial, in the street parking bay to judge how much reach I have, and what space around the bodywork I need. AKA 'Boys Toys/Shiny Kit Syndrome' ... :rolleyes:

Steve

I looked at those. The problem is that the safe platform height in all of those is very low at under 1 Metre, so for a Motorhome the chances are you will never have your head over the side to see the roof, let alone have your arms over the side.
Good for the sides. Little use for the roof.

For decorating a room with high ceilings I got myself an 8 step fibreglass stepladder.

It has proved invaluable for the van as extended it reaches the top of the van and allows
me to comfortably do all that need doing up there.
It also made painting of the van so much easier too.
Being fibreglass it is not heavy at all.
So many uses and has become on of the best value investment i have made for the van

For decorating a room with high ceilings I got myself an 8 step fibreglass stepladder.

It has proved invaluable for the van as extended it reaches the top of the van and allows
me to comfortably do all that need doing up there.
It also made painting of the van so much easier too.
Being fibreglass it is not heavy at all.
So many uses and has become on of the best value investment i have made for the van

That was what I was proposing to buy until I saw the Henchman Ladders!

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back