How Often Do You Clean Your Solar Panel.......

..............and what do you clean it with?
How do you get along side it to do the cleaning ?

Colin ???

We don't have a panel on the roof yet, but if we do, I saw a very helpful member at Attleborough, wielding a big brush.:D(y)

Couple of times a year with hose and long handled brush, more often if we've been parked under trees.

Couple of times a year with hose and long handled brush, more often if we've been parked under trees.

It's a long way up to the solar panels for most of us.
Do you work from ladders, Chris, or stand on someone's shoulders, or............

Colin ???

We don't have a panel on the roof yet, but if we do, I saw a very helpful member at Attleborough, wielding a big brush.:D(y)

I'm absolutely,100%, confident that a very helpful member would be happy to clean your solar panels whether they be on the ground or on the Moho roof, Sue.

Colin ???

Last edited:
It's a long way up to the solar panels for most of us.
Do you work from ladders, Chris, or stand on someone's shoulders, or............

Colin ???

Colin, I have a small ladder which has pieces of thick foam insulatiion attached to the top section to prevent damage to the bus. Wouldn't trust the shoulders idea cos if an ice cream van came I spect I'd be left hanging around.

Colin, I have a small ladder which has pieces of thick foam insulatiion attached to the top section to prevent damage to the bus. Wouldn't trust the shoulders idea cos if an ice cream van came I spect I'd be left hanging around.

That had me laughing, Chris.
Thank you.

Colin ???

Regularly, probably once a month but more often if we`ve had the sandy rain from the Sahara.

Clean water and a cloth on the end of a long handled brush.

At home with a ladder when away thru the sun roof with step ladder and long handle brush

Every time I fit a solar panel I ensure it is placed behind the roof window, so that it is protected from frontal impact, wind and means you can get access to clean it with either standing on the hab seating or using a small ladder and to wipe clean.
To answer your question... I clean mine about once a month with just water and a cloth, since finding out just how important a clean panel is to get the best out of it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back