How to keep cool in your Motorhome?

I freeze bottles of water in the Dometic 'fridge (!) and as it thaws it's used for refreshment.
On especially warm days Jane fans me.
The combination works quite well, I find.

Colin ???

We use a 12 volt fan and open all the windows.

We also have 'cool coats' for the dogs which have been invaluable in the recent heatwave.

I was wondering how people keep cool in their motorhomer?
We bought an air con unit at a show called Transcool, basically you fill the unit with cold water and ice cubes and a fan sucks in air at the back and blows cold out through two vents at the front. It's ok if your sat 5/6ft of it, but it never cooled the van down at all when we were in Spain even with the blinds and doors shut,supposed to cool a 7mtr motorhome. But alas no. use two standard fans now.

We just open windows and may close fly screens, they shade from the sun but cut down on any breeze you may get so see which is best at the time. Open roof vents as well and the hob door. We dont usually put the silver screens on the cab until we are going to bed though, we know it will shut out the sun if its coming in that way but we like to be able to spy see around us :)

Caz has just got a USB powered fan but not sure it will do anything

I just act :cool: Real cool,man.

A pair of 12v clip on fans.
Sleep naked on top of the bed, chilly by morning even in Spain

I was wondering how people keep cool in their motorhomer?
I bought two Endless Breeze 12v vans from America this year. They are large and powerful but don’t need a lot of electricity.

We are traveling in France and Spain this summer and use them almost all the time we are in the motorhome. They are particularly effective at night because they sit perfectly in the rooflight openings creating a constant breeze over both beds throughout the night.

We have a transcool unit and an endless breeze fan . Both work well on 12v as we rarely stay anywhere with hookups. They worked well in UK as the temp went up over last few weeks to 25-30C. We keep our large roof vent open so the hot air is driven outside. With windows closed neither actually “cooled” the motorhome.
Our dog likes to lie in front of the transcool unit ?

We have a transcool unit and an endless breeze fan . Both work well on 12v as we rarely stay anywhere with hookups. They worked well in UK as the temp went up over last few weeks to 25-30C. We keep our large roof vent open so the hot air is driven outside. With windows closed neither actually “cooled” the motorhome.
Our dog likes to lie in front of the transcool unit ?
We attach silvered bubblefoil to inside of windows with suckers then open them wide to act as visors. It lets the air flow through but keeps the sun out. We do the same thing with the roof lights.

As everyone else close the curtains at the front, open the windows at the back and shut the fly screens open the roof vents and close the fly screens.
I also put a towel over the side window which when opened at an angle provides shade.
Then if it's still warm I get out the 240v fan, that when I bought it in a charity shop in Hereford for £4.50 those around me told me I was mad, I plug it into the inverter and turn it on.

We just open windows and may close fly screens, they shade from the sun but cut down on any breeze you may get so see which is best at the time. Open roof vents as well and the hob door. We dont usually put the silver screens on the cab until we are going to bed though, we know it will shut out the sun if its coming in that way but we like to be able to spy see around us :)

Caz has just got a USB powered fan but not sure it will do anything

I would have thought that opening the hob door would warm the Moho up, Neil. Surely you mean the 'fridge door?

Colin :):):)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back