Hymer “coach style” mirrors - do they fold?

tonybvi

Hymer “coach style” mirrors - do they fold?

My Frankia always bugged me because after 7 years I never worked out how to fold the large top hung coach style wing mirrors in. I have now traded it in and am awaiting delivery of a Hymer Mli. Lots of questions keep popping into my head and one is the mirrors. Does anybody know if they can be folded in and if so how, please?

tonybvi;n3296 said:
My Frankia always bugged me because after 7 years I never worked out how to fold the large top hung coach style wing mirrors in. I have now traded it in and am awaiting delivery of a Hymer Mli. Lots of questions keep popping into my head and one is the mirrors. Does anybody know if they can be folded in and if so how, please?

I'm confident they can be made to fold and I'm confident that Banned Member can do it.

Colin ???

*****;n3331 said:
The mirrors are fixed to the arm, they do loosen via a large alan key to adjust Ours are nearly in contact with the side window of the van and even if they could be folded, they would not reduce the vans width..
Other model mirrors may be different and on different models

I think Colin is referring to an incident where Charlie used his automatic fold in feature (that was not installed) :Smiling_Devil_Emoji

tonybvi;n3296 said:

You can adjust the arms on my Hymer, but the angle of the mirror housing is fixed on the arm. I have mine set to be about 20mm from the side windows.

mirror.png

Admin;n3335 said:
I think Colin is referring to an incident where Charlie used his automatic fold in feature (that was not installed) :Smiling_Devil_Emoji

Ah yes the game of chicken with the Lorry driver it was a no win situation that ended with a parking ticket too

Admin;n3335 said:

It was a very loud bang with an articulated lorry on a narrow bridge !
Had the system been fitted it would have been fine !
£439
well I actually spent £540 as I imported 3 from the USA myself as got 3 for £100 extra

Campervanannie;n3342 said:
Ah yes the game of chicken with the Lorry driver it was a no win situation that ended with a parking ticket too

Yes better to give way and live another day :b0231:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back