Instant Pot Cookbooks and Recipes

wildebus

I bought an 'Instant Pot' type cooker (actually got the Pressure King Pro) around Christmas time to use both at home and in the camper (kind of a reverse to the slow cooker being a very fast cooker!)

Pressure King Pro Electric Pressure Cooker 3 Litre 8-in-1 Multi Cooker, Rice Cooker, Slow Cooker, Soup Maker Chrome (700 W)
71lUZkuxh6L._SL1500_.jpg

Wondering if anyone uses these and has any particular favourite recipes or a specific cookbook they would recommend?

Sorry David, can't help. Wouldn't use such a cooker in current van (except if on 240v hookup) as only have gas hob and no fancy inverters :)

Pressure cookers are good though, my mum swore by them and that was just using the old-fashioned Prestige stove-top model. She served up all sorts of wonderful meals with it, so a modern version will be just as useful I would imagine.

Sorry David, can't help. Wouldn't use such a cooker in current van (except if on 240v hookup) as only have gas hob and no fancy inverters :)
They would work at home as well ;) Meant to be very good and a time AND energy saver

(I used to use a standard pressure cooker on the hob at lot many years ago and found that handy)
Think I might try some rice first - not a lot lost if it goes wrong!

I remember my mam cooking oxtail and also making oxtail soup, not something you get a lot of these days.

Unless Heston Blumenthal has cooked up something trendy? He probably has, maybe why offal & what used to be cheaper cuts of meat are a lot more expensive these days? :)

could be. As no longer eating meat for personal reasons, I need new recipes now and have to adapt some of my favourite ones - such as BeefLESS Adobo :p:p

Lots of quick easy stir fry recipes available.
Can be 100% veggie (onion mushroom cauli etc make sure if you use carrots they are cut very thinly)
Soy sauce (definite) and Oyster sauce (maybe) handy
Ginger turmeric garlic orange juice honey etc etc
Cut any meat small so it cooks quickly.

Or do a veggie Chilli
Or do Chilli con carne with minced beef (or other)

OR use a small dutch oven on the hob
Heavy lid keeps moisture in and aids quick cooking.
Similar in some ways to a pressure cooker.

Thanks Jagmanx.
It was specifically about using a pressure cooker type machine rather than general cooking recipes, but thanks for the ideas anyway.

Here you go, and this is the more restrictive 'vegan'!

75+ Vegan-friendly pressure cooker recipes
I will have a look at that :)

I understand Veganism has suddenly got very popular this January? I made my decision without knowing that, and my aim is in fact Pescetarianism rather than Veganism or Vegetarianism. I do like my veg and fruit (Fruitarianism sounds nice, but may not be good for long-term health? Steve Jobs RIP was one) anyway so shouldn't be that hard to do.

Are use my stovetop pressure cooker nearly every day. I just take normal recipes, not those specifically for pressure cookers.

Soup at lunchtime. Whatever the recipe I just throw all the ingredients in together and then blend with a stick blender.

Stews and casseroles, again all ingredients usually in together and cook. Sometimes I have to remove meat and reduce the sauce or add cornflower. You won’t have this problem with your diet restriction.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back