Leek and Potato Soup

RoaminRog

Just blended the leeks onions pots and chicken stock and seasoned.
The recipe calls for full fat milk. If the soup is for tomorrow’s lunch, would it be wise to reheat tomorrow and add the milk then?
I imagine that milk left out all night, albeit in a recipe, would have a tendency to go ‘off’ before lunchtime.
Any thoughts please.

Without the milk Rog, I make leek and potato and creme fraiche works well as long as you have made the soup with plenty of stock.

Creme Fraiche is in our house at least, the number ONE must have additional ingrediant which we use in soups all the time plus numerous other dishes, most especially when making scrambled egg where we don't use any milk........... it's brilliant.

Without the milk Rog, I make leek and potato and creme fraiche works well as long as you have made the soup with plenty of stock.
Perfect! Many thanks!
Make sure you only buy the full cream version as the reduced fat versions can't hold a candle to the full version.
Ok thanks for the tip.
Had the soup for lunch, and it was delicious. Many thanks.

Had the soup for lunch, and it was delicious. Many thanks.

You wait until you make scrambled eggs with it!
Beat the eggs along with a couple or so spoons of the Creme Fraiche and then cook it either in the microwave, stiring it every 60 secs. until it is cooked. If it looks like it is too dry then simply spoon in a little more of the magic and then serve it.
You will find that there is none of the watery mess that comes as a result of using milk, it's brilliant!

Use a spoon Rog, a much better idea than any of the above. Trust me, I’m a doctor.

Believe me Les, there’s no need for them to be!
The soup was great though, and looking for some more ideas now.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back