Lithium 460

Hi all, help needed. I take delivery of my 460 this week. Got 3 x100 watt solar panels
I need to know what victron mttp Bluetooth solar system is the best
Many thanks for your replys
If you are sticking with those 3 panels and never expanding, get the SmartSolar 100/20 MPPT. That supports upto 290W so close enough to your maximum which you will only ever see once in a blue moon. (exceeding 290W will not harm the controller, it will just cap power higher).

If you are sticking with those 3 panels and never expanding, get the SmartSolar 100/20 MPPT. That supports upto 290W so close enough to your maximum which you will only ever see once in a blue moon. (exceeding 290W will not harm the controller, it will just cap power higher).
Just in case you might add an other panel later I would go for the 100/30 and future proof it .for the sake of 40 quid

Just in case you might add an other panel later I would go for the 100/30 and future proof it .for the sake of 40 quid
Is there £40 difference only? does he actually have any room for another panel?

I actually fitted 2 X 100/20 controllers in my setup which was only slightly more expensive than a single 100/30. Allows some redundancy if one controller was to fail (yes, they are Victron and very reliable, but I still had to replace one a year later :( ) and can connect a portable panel array that is independent of the roof array. If you add another - different - panel, you can end up not getting the full power and even sometimes reducing the original power by adding supposedly more!

We fitted a 460ah with 300w solar using 30amp victron charger all works fine..don't think we will need fit more panels and b2b 30amp is great ..we use microwave hover Toaster slow cooker air fryer not dropped below 90% this last 2 weeks .

Is there £40 difference only? does he actually have any room for another panel?

I actually fitted 2 X 100/20 controllers in my setup which was only slightly more expensive than a single 100/30. Allows some redundancy if one controller was to fail (yes, they are Victron and very reliable, but I still had to replace one a year later :( ) and can connect a portable panel array that is independent of the roof array. If you add another - different - panel, you can end up not getting the full power and even sometimes reducing the original power by adding supposedly more!
Thanks for the information, I went for the 100/30 , here Thursday

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back