Lost our soul mate Jazz

On Monday we had to say goodbye to our much loved family member. She was with us every day and went everywhere with us for the past ten and a half years. We just couldn’t get enough pain relief in to her to ease her damaged spine which in turn meant she kept losing her rear legs. Our pain is so raw at the moment and going away in the van just won’t be the same, even if she did take up most of the floor space. Here’s hoping we keep finding her hairs in the van for many years to come.

View attachment 66644View attachment 66645View attachment 66646
My heart goes out to you, it really does as throughout our lives we have loved and earnestly loved our four legged friends from the largest of eqines such as my oh so beloved giant "Jimmy" through to my soul mate "Buzzy Beans", both of whom we rescued from disgusting uncared for previous lives and through hours and months of love, we were able to bring them back to the fullest of coat shining health.

It is a truly amazing feeling to have received the total undivided love of just such a companion and when they leave you, their departure is totally irreplaceable, as I wrote earlier, my heart goes out to you.

Jimmy bootiful.jpgBuzzyBeans.JPG

Oh by the way, my magnificant 'Jimmy' was in such a disgusting unkemp condition when we rescued him, he was skin and bones with a shabby coat and at least 300kg underweight. It took us almost a year to build him back up to the 1,000kg beauty you see here, he used to follow me around like a shadow.

They break your heart when they go, but have given so much love and companionship over the years. Sad news.
Lovely pics and memories.

Over the years we have rescued 10 horses, most of which had lead some very unloved lives.

We then also started rescuing spaniels, most of which have been Springers including my most beloved of all 'Sam' who when rescued at the age of only 9 months, he was discovered out in a back yard behind one of the lowest of low properties in Lincoln, he was in a 3' square cage with a 2" deep plastic tray at the bottom which was full of urine and excrement, his only protection from the elements was a bit of old carpet thrown over the top of the cage!!! He was quite literally riddled in fleas, lice and worms and was devoid of most hair with the exception of the tips of his ears and the very bottom of his tail....................... He had given up his hope for life and was lying down in this disgusting mess!!

It took 6 months of veternary treatment and hourly care by the rescue charity who had already selected us as his eventual adopters as they knew how totally committed and hands on we were and after he came to us, it took almost another 12 months before he had confidence in humans!! It was only then that we discovered that he was blind in his right eye with a quite noticeable dent in his skull immediately above and behind the eye socket.

But that was the end of his troubles, from then on he lived an exceptionally full life running out in the forests behind me as I rode my big 'Jimmy' out and along the endless miles of forest tracks surrounding our farm in the Dordogne where we then lived.
Apart from 'Buzzy Beans' who I showed you previously, 'Sam' was the be all and end all dog in my life who lived to an exceptionally happy old age!!

Windows Photo Viewer Wallpaper.jpg

And then there is 'Bonnie', a truly sad case of criminal neglect!!

She was advertised as a fully trained working Cocker Spaniel, very fortunately a working dog cupe went to view this dog and it turned out to be a traveller site, indeed one of the lowest and largest traveller sites in Europe at Newark on Trent.
When this couple arrived what they saw was almost beyond belief as rather than a fit and lively young dog ads had been advertised, they saw an ex breeding ***** with an enormous hernia hanging down to the ground along with truly massive disgorged teets that were still lactating and a dog that was exceptionally malnourished.

The viewing couple did nothing other than buy this poor little creature at the full asking price and immediately took her to the charity Spaniel Aid who then in turn took her to the emergency vet who wanted to operate immediately, however she was so weak that the decision was made to put her onto a high protein diet until she was strong enough for the emergency surgery she required to save her life.
Then followed 3 months of intensive care with a special foster home before she was passed onto us for continued special care and attention.

She is now as fit and full of life as she ever will be and as I type this right now, she is curled up at my feet as she always is at this time of night.

She is gorgeous, however I am sorry to say she has next to no character as that was obviously knocked out of her by the damnable traveller community over what is believed to have been 5 tortuous years of puppy breeding 2 litters of pups a year!!

However she simply adhores going away in our camper van

3dogscuddles.JPG

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back