Motorhoming in Europe under threat?

Benylin

Could this affect us or might there be an exemption?

Accommodation certificate Verified on 23 February 2021 - Directorate of Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister) A foreigner, who wishes to come to France for a tourist stay of less than 3 months, must present proof of accommodation. This document, called the reception certificate, is drawn up by the person who will welcome them at their home during their stay in France. The request is made at the town hall. The certificate is issued if the host meets certain conditions. In case of refusal, appeals are possible.

Could this affect us or might there be an exemption?

Accommodation certificate Verified on 23 February 2021 - Directorate of Legal and Administrative Information (Prime Minister) A foreigner, who wishes to come to France for a tourist stay of less than 3 months, must present proof of accommodation. This document, called the reception certificate, is drawn up by the person who will welcome them at their home during their stay in France. The request is made at the town hall. The certificate is issued if the host meets certain conditions. In case of refusal, appeals are possible.
Think that may only apply to people supplying actual accommodation

When my wife only had a Thai passport...
We needed proof of accommodation and a visit (or 2) to the embassy of the relevant country.
Then a schengen visa would be issued.
You could transit other countries and also use the visa again in the same year.
This seems similar.
Do not think it will be "that difficult" and I expect some campsites will oblige etc.
As corporal Jones would say Don't Panic (yet ?)

We have always had to fill in forms, asking for a destination address to enter the vast majority of countries throughout the world. We usually don't stay in one place but put down the hotel/campsite that we intend to stay at the first night and have never had any problems.

We have always had to fill in forms, asking for a destination address to enter the vast majority of countries throughout the world. We usually don't stay in one place but put down the hotel/campsite that we intend to stay at the first night and have never had any problems.
Yes John as you post !
I could say me too !
Minor organisation needed and maybe an email confirmation from the campsite.
We normally wild but have used a nice simple site near Calais @ 10 €

I suspect the OP refers to the "attestation d'accueil", which is an 'accommodation certificate' that hosts must obtain in France as 'proof of accommodation' and send this to non-EU friends and family members who plan to stay at the host's address for the duration of their visit. This must be posted to the guests prior to the their arrival in France so that they can produce this at Immigration. AFAICT it only applies to those who plan to stay at private accommodation and it is sufficient to show confirmation of hotel, gîte, etc. bookings if that's where you'll be staying. Although I have no direct evidence, I suspect that turning up in your own, mobile accommodation should be sufficient to prove that you have suitable accommodation for your stay!?

I suspect the OP refers to the "attestation d'accueil", which is an 'accommodation certificate' that hosts must obtain in France as 'proof of accommodation' and send this to non-EU friends and family members who plan to stay at the host's address for the duration of their visit. This must be posted to the guests prior to the their arrival in France so that they can produce this at Immigration. AFAICT it only applies to those who plan to stay at private accommodation and it is sufficient to show confirmation of hotel, gîte, etc. bookings if that's where you'll be staying. Although I have no direct evidence, I suspect that turning up in your own, mobile accommodation should be sufficient to prove that you have suitable accommodation for your stay!?
According to a couple of lawyers and a few Marie’s in France, this form is not needed for U.K. nationals.
They said “this official €30 document is only required, as part of the visa process, for visitors of nationalities requiring short-term Schengen visas to visit France. This does not include UK nationals”
However, since the U.K. left the EU, all sorts of similar queries have surfaced and it may take a while before there are definitive answers for them.

So we are "Semi-Schengen"" in effect just the 90 in 180 rule ? (and careful with food).
For many not a problem ( 3 months just enough for us and Sweden/Norway ).
I appreciate for some it requires a major rethink !

doesn’t apply for transit so destination spain or portugal means french towns will lose business

Over on WC, @maingate posted a link to this article that cites French lawyers. From this, an attestation d'accueil is required to support the visa application of anyone from outside the EU who plans to stay with friends or family. However, the article notes that UK citizens (like US and Australian citizens) don't require a visa to visit France for up to 90 days in any 180 and hence do not require an attestation d'accueil. This concurs with what @snapster wrote in post #9.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back