No hot water but have heating

Supermerc1

Hi all
a qui questio, I have a burstner t660 on a 59 plate, went out last week and when I filled the after tank and blead all the taps hot
and cold everything was good, when we arrived at the site I turned the gas on and put the Truman boiler on hot water, after 10 minutes
the orange ligh went out indicating that it was ready, no hot water was produced, i’ve tried everything I can and still no hot water, the heating works great, is there a none return valve on the boiler and if so where? Need help please

I'm still confused.
If (as I suspect) there is currently cold water available from the cold tap, but no water from the hot tap, it's an airlock.
If so, open a cold tap just a little to trickle water through (keeping the pump primed and running), and put all the hot taps on full. They will eventually cough and splutter a bit, but there will still be air to burp out after the water starts to arrive. Expect to be splashed unless you take evasive action.
However, if you are getting cold water from the hot tap, you need a different fix.

i have bled the system and removed all the air from both the hot and cold taps, I can get heating but no hot water,
when I turn the hot water tap on it just runs cold and doesn’t get hot even with the boiler on, it was working before
lockdown.

Ah. That's odd. The Truma should heat the water as a by-product of heating the air. Is the tank hot?

Our control isn't easily seen as under the bed and has 4 settings 1 warm water 2 hot water 3 heater 4 heater and hot water the wife usually switches in on I always have to be reminded which way after only a few days. How many cliks an up or down

Is this all on gas and electric?

If the boiler is full it must get at least warm when the heating has been on for some time. That is. not hot, but not cold either.

Hi all
firstly i’d like to thank everyone who replied to my problem, secondly the good news is that I have sorted out the
problem, it was the submerged freshwater pump, the nrv is built into the pump which had failed causing the water from the heater tank to return into the freshwater tank, new reich pump fitted today and all working perfectly.

I have found on mine “exactly the same system” that you have to run everything with the boiler on to get hot water. Every time the gas is changed it runs cold for quite some time.

I have found on mine “exactly the same system” that you have to run everything with the boiler on to get hot water. Every time the gas is changed it runs cold for quite some time.
That sounds like you have a gas problem ( maybe the gas valve on the bottle) do you purge your gas system when you change your bottle? by purging I mean open all of your gas appliances so to force any air out of your system, don’t forget to open your door and windows before you do this.
Hope this helps.

That sounds like you have a gas problem ( maybe the gas valve on the bottle) do you purge your gas system when you change your bottle? by purging I mean open all of your gas appliances so to force any air out of your system, don’t forget to open your door and windows before you do this.
Hope this helps.
Alternatively, turn all gas appliances off before changing the bottle, and do the change quickly so the remaining gas in the pipeshas less chance to trickle out.
With refillables, you never have to run out.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back