Until: Thursday, January 2, 2020 - 01:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

jeffmossy

Rally Organiser

I Am Pleased To Announce The Northern New Year Rally , December 28th Until January 2nd

The Venue

Littleborough Rugby Union Club
Rakewood Rd
Hollingworth Lake
Littleborough
Lancashire
OL15 0AP

Only 10 minutes from Junction 21, M62 Milnrow

Set in the heart of the Pennines very close to the border with West Yorkshire , stunning location and pictures scenery

ALL VANS WILL BE PARKED ON HARD STANDING . There is enough room for 35 vans and we will be parked around the front , side and rear of the club house

We have secured the club house and function room from 28th December until 2nd of January and we have got the entire club house during the DAYTIME and also EVENING exclusively for our group for the duration of our rally

We have access to Showers , Toilets , Elsan Point , and Fresh Water . The club will be open every day from 9.30 am until 10.30pm up until the 2nd January ( The main function room will close on the 31st at 12.00pm to prepare the function room for the evening entertainment )

Hollingworth Lake is 5 minutes walk from the venue and this has cafes and bars situated around its shores . it will take you about 1 hour and 20 minutes to walk around the Lake , also there are lots and lots of public footpath close to the venue if you prefer to venture into the Pennines .
It is about a 30 minutes walk into Littleborough Village Centre were you will find a supermarket and plenty of shops as well as pubs and resteraunts . I have priced up the local Taxi , and it is only £3.50 from the venue into the village centre

I HAVE JUST BEEN LOOKING AT THE LONG RANGE WEATHER FORECAST AND THERE IS NO FROST OR SNOW FORECASTED FOR THE DURATION OF OUR STAY . HAPPY DAYS (y) :cool:

Tea and Coffee
We will be supplying Tea and Coffee from 10.00 until 16.00 each day in the club house , please bring your own cups ( The bar will not be open until new years eve but you are welcome to bring your own snacks and drinks all day and evening

I have been asked about attendees bringing biscuits / cakes for the tea and coffee table , the answer is yes , but they must be sealed and not after the sell by date

Leisure Battery Charging Points

We will have 4 leisure battery charging points available from 10am until 18.00pm , there will be no extra charge to use this facility but they will have to be booked 24 hours in advance and will be limited to 4 hours use per booking .If you book to use the charging point you will have to move your van to the side of the building were the charging points will be allocated. Disabled and people with a medical condition will be able to use them from 18.00pm until we close the club at 22.30pm . IMPORTANT the charging points will only be battery charging points and under no circumstances should they be used for heating or other uses , they will only be 5 AMP and you will blow the fuse if you use anything else other than your battery charger

Generators can be used at this rally within our guidelines. link to terms . If you are going to use a generator please make me aware of this when booking . All vans that will be using Generators will be allocated to the far rear car park away from the building

Dogs

It is your dogs holiday as well as yours . Dogs are very welcome to join the rally and they are also allowed to join us in the club house during the day and evening ( but not the snug room ). If you bring your dog inside the club it must be on a leash
ALL DOG MESS must be cleaned up

Whats Going On ?

December 28th 20..00 - 22.30 pm

This will be the ice breaker evening. I will be doing a short health and safety briefing at 20.00 ( This was a condition of us booking this venue , by the clubs committee ) , then the rest of the evening is for us to relax and chat. There will be light background music . Please bring your own drinks and snacks

December 29th 20.00 - 22.30 pm

Sunday AFTERNOON , there will be a Movie Quiz , were you guess the movie from the music song , just for fun

Then there will be a Quiz night £1 per person and winners receive all . Also light background music . Please bring your own drinks and snacks

December 30th 20.00 - 22.30 pm

Monday AFTERNOON we will be having a RAFFLE WITH A DIFFERENCE . Please bring a WRAPPED PRESENT with a single item inside , it does not matter if it is valuable or not ( No used items ) , you can disguise the item by the way you wrap it . For every item you bring , you will be given a raffle ticket , if your ticket is drawn then you will be asked to choose a present and also open it before choosing the next raffle ticket

The EVENING will be a music Quiz night , just for fun . Also light background music . Please bring your own drinks and snacks

December 31st

The club function room will be open from 9.30am until noon then it will be closed so it can be prepared for the evening . The snug room will be open from 9.30 until 16.00pm

The BIG Party

In the main function room , also the snug room will be open( this is connected to the function room , if you want a quieter evening to chat ), Doors open at 19.30pm

I HAVE BEEN ASKED A FEW TIMES ABOUT FANCY DRESS SO I HAVE DECIDED IF YOU WANT TO COME IN FANCY DRESS THEN THAT WILL BE GREAT IF YOU DONT WANT TO PARTICIPATE JUST COME AS YOURSELF , IT WONT BE A PROBLEM

The bar will be open for us 19.30pm until late , please bring your own food and snacks for the evening

On stage at 20.30 pm I am very pleased to announce I have secured a very popular singer to entertain us throughout the evening , so don't forget to bring your dancing shoes

The singer will entertain us until approx 23.00pm , then there will be party music playing until finish

How Much Will It Cost ?

Overnight camping fees are £9.00 per unit per night .

There is a one off fee of £20 per person , this is for cost towards the hire of the building for 5 days, plus the singer for new years eve , and tea and coffee during the daytime , I think we have got a really good deal . Children under 16 are free

If you want to attend Please post in this thread letting me know how many nights you are attending and also how many adults

How Do I Pay ?

I will put " PAID" at the side of your name when I receive payment

I will be collecting payments on SUNDAY 29th DECEMBER 10.00 am until 12.00 pm , anyone who plans to arrive after this day payment will be required on the day you arrive . PLEASE TRY TO HAVE THE EXACT MONEY . Thank you

Can I Help Out In Any Way With The Rally ?

This is a community event and I have kept the cost as low as possible , this means we have to look after the club inside and outside ourselves . I would welcome any assistance in helping out cleaning the toilets and showers also keeping the inside and outside of the building clean and free of rubbish . Please let me know if you want to help when you put your name down to attend . Also if you want to organise some activities or entertainment during the daytime we would really appreciate your time and effort

The Team

For your safety and comfort there will be 4 stewards attending , Jeff and Lorraine , Sue and David ( Yorkslass ). These have kindly given up their time to make this rally memorable , please respect them and show them your appreciation . Also a massive thank you for all who have agreed to help out at the meet . Lorraine and Sue will allocate task for each day

Have you got a Question ?

Any questions or special request should be directed at me either on this thread or by private message

We are really looking forward to this rally and regardless of if you are single or a couple or it would be your first rally ,we would love to see you and you will be made more than welcome . Jeff & Lorraine , Sue & David

Last edited:
List of attendees

1. Jeff and Lorraine Stewards
  2. Yorkslass Stewards
  3. FERENZA 5 Nights G
  4. Slider 3 Nights PAID £47
  5. JohnDoris 5 Nights
  6. Kimbowbill 5 Nights
  7. Chris 1701 5 Nights
  8. Molly 3 5 Nights
  9. Jillyhug 5 Nights
  10. AdriaTwin 3 Nights
  11. Dogeared 5 Nights
  12. Undertaker 4 Nights
  13. TissyD 5 Nights
  14. Patnlorewatson 5 Nights
  15. Meduck 5 Nights
  16. earby mick 3 Nights
  17. Cowanhouse 5 Nights
  18. Bigredf 5 Nights
  19. Phiz 5 Nights
  20. Forrory 4 Nights
  21. Pugwash 4/5 Nights
  22. bob1946 5 Nights
  23. Stirlingb 5 Nights
  24. SOD IT 5 Nights

Last edited:
Jeff could you put my name down and will confirm ASAP as to how long for ,sounds a great venue and this could be an ideal place for our Scottish contingent to make it a joint NEW YEAR GET TOGETHER IF THAT SOUNDS OK
will ask our attendees at the next meeting regarding this
Regards g

Jeff could you put my name down and will confirm ASAP as to how long for ,sounds a great venue and this could be an ideal place for our Scottish contingent to make it a joint NEW YEAR GET TOGETHER IF THAT SOUNDS OK
will ask our attendees at the next meeting regarding this
Regards g

A Genuine Gent Gordon and it will be a pleasure to have you and also all our Scottish friends . I have put you on the list buddy

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back