Not really new.... more just sort of re-hashed

Jennet00

Free Member

Not really new.... more just sort of re-hashed

Have been a member for some while, but don't manage to get on here too much due to a blastedly frustrating illness known as fibromyalgia..... used to sort of be known as ME, but like me, seems to have been 'made over'......
Would be interested in hearing if any other members are plagued by this illness, and how they manage to work around it to stay relatively mobile....
Best... J :Wink_Emoji: :Dog_Emoji:

Hi there and welcome :b0231:

Hope 2018 is a happy and healthy year for you.

Hi and welcome :b0212:

Jennet00;n13540 said:
Have been a member for some while, but don't manage to get on here too much due to a blastedly frustrating illness known as fibromyalgia..... used to sort of be known as ME, but like me, seems to have been 'made over'......
Would be interested in hearing if any other members are plagued by this illness, and how they manage to work around it to stay relatively mobile....
Best... J :Wink_Emoji: :Dog_Emoji:

:b0231:Hello.

My Husband Phil has fibromyalgia. His comes in waves, some days he is fine other days it's an effort to get out of bed through pain and tiredness. He mostly fights through the pain but when he is hit by the tiredness he has to have a sleepy. sometimes his has muscle twitches with his, where his fingers will move and twitch by themselves, that makes doing anything on the website harder as it's painful and takes him longer then normal. Only thing he was offered by the hospital when he was diagnosed was medication like antidepressants which I think just make you feel happier about being in pain all the time. He turned that offer down. If he finds anything that does help I'll let you know, but as of yet, nothing. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
:Very_sad_emoji_icon

Welcome again,
Tes x

Thanks for welcome all... Tes, I am on Pregablin for pain in daytime, 3 a day and Nortriptiline at night (3) which also goes a little way to helping me sleep..... the disturbed nights are one of the worst things for me, along with fibro fog.... The pain is fairly constant and have to some degree gotten used to it over the years, although worse some days than others.

Have linked a UK Fibro forum on the other thread that you may find useful if you don't already access one.... Jx

Jennet00;n19268 said:
Thanks for welcome all... Tes, I am on Pregablin for pain in daytime, 3 a day and Nortriptiline at night (3) which also goes a little way to helping me sleep..... the disturbed nights are one of the worst things for me, along with fibro fog.... The pain is fairly constant and have to some degree gotten used to it over the years, although worse some days than others.

Have linked a UK Fibro forum on the other thread that you may find useful if you don't already access one.... Jx

Maybe try some lavender in your bedroom. it's not going to help with the pain, but it will help relax you and maybe you'll get a bit more sleep. :Thumbs_Up_Hand_Sign

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back