Noza Tec Sat Nav

Robmac

Noza Tec Sat Nav

I've been considering one of the 7" Noza Tec Sat Nav's for the van.

Anybody got any comments about them please?

Well impressed with mine Rob, you need to go onto the facebook group for map updates, rather than the link they give you. Large screen, easy to enter vehicle sizes etc , much prefer it to my Garmin or Tomtom.

Edina;n14600 said:
Well impressed with mine Rob, you need to go onto the facebook group for map updates, rather than the link they give you. Large screen, easy to enter vehicle sizes etc , much prefer it to my Garmin or Tomtom.

Cheers Chris.

I have a Garmin at the moment, which is ok, but I don't find it as user friendly as the Tom Tom. The NT in the 7" size looks like a great deal at the price. I feel a Xmas present to self coming on!

We bought one a few years ago and it works alongside the TomTom. The unit is underused really as there are quite a few other functions that it can undertake but we just use it for navigation. Not the greatest piece of kit you will ever own but as value for money it knocks TomTom into a cocked hat. Once you put your vehicles dimensions into the unit you can also add your average driving speed and it will give you a much more reasonable travel time to your location. There are some functions that were initially annoying with mine as it thought we were an HGV an kept telling me that I needed a break (Mrs GB is more than capable of doing this). I got around this by using one of the car icons and just changing the dimensions. The only other annoyance is that mine will warn you that you shouldn't be in an area (often this is a goods vehicle restriction) the screen needs to be validated before it will carry on with directions. This is a minor thing if it only happens the once but mine has a tendency to keep showing the warning screen and all but tells you that you are on your own from that point.

I wasn't aware of the Facebook update as I have struggled to do it via the provided web address. so a big thanks there Edina.

I've got one, it works fine. Also, it's the screen for my reversing camera. Switches over automatically when I select reverse gear.

St3v3;n14674 said:
I've got one, it works fine. Also, it's the screen for my reversing camera. Switches over automatically when I select reverse gear.

Sounds like a great idea Steve.

I will look into doing similar!

I had one and found it very good for navigation and avoiding narrow roads, low bridges etc. There were two things I didn't like - 1) It kept telling me I was speeding because it thought I was an LGV, so I had to turn the voice off, and 2) you can't set it to north up so I couldn't tell if I was going round in circles or which way I was going 'cos it always looked to me as if I was heading north.

Caz;n14710 said:
I had one and found it very good for navigation and avoiding narrow roads, low bridges etc. There were two things I didn't like - 1) It kept telling me I was speeding because it thought I was an LGV, so I had to turn the voice off, and 2) you can't set it to north up so I couldn't tell if I was going round in circles or which way I was going 'cos it always looked to me as if I was heading north.

Thanks Caz.

I'm fine with 'Track up' as opposed to 'North up' if I'm understanding you correctly. I think all of my previous sat navs have been 'Track up'.

I would do the same and turn the voice off, it usually annoys me anyway!

Robmac;n14715 said:
I would do the same and turn the voice off, it usually annoys me anyway!
I prefer the female voice because I am used to a woman telling me what to do, Maggy prefers the mans voice because unlike me he tells her where to go without 'off' being the last word

It seems the decision has been made for me!

My wife had an appointment at Hammersmith hospital this morning and halfway down the A1 our Garmin gave up the ghost. As a backup, I used my phone (Samsung Galaxy) with Google maps which I have never used before, and I have to say I was very impressed. It took me on a completely different route through London to the one I usually use and it was a dream of a drive!

However, I want a bigger screen, so will be ordering the Noza Tec later today. On Amazon, they are around about the £40 mark, does that sound about right?

Thanks.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back