Old Dometic RM7270 replaced with Alpicool CR85X

mikewroe

Further to my previous posts I have finally fitted the replacement fridge. I thought I would share the details in case someone else needed the same swop.
The Dometic fridge aperture is 821mm high but I had the sink bowel waste reducing this to 785mm in the middle of the carcass.
The Alpicool was the correct width but 790mm high, replacing the tall rubber feet with a shorter type brought the height down to slide in. It's left a small gap at the top of about 35mm that I plan to infill with something later.
I travelled to Clearcut Campervan Design in Barnstable to collect the fridge as I needed to see it in person knowing the dimensions were tight. When I was there I was blown away by their huge range of fridges and coolboxes. They also have CNC machinery to make their own furniture. Would recommend a call or look at there website, few showroom pictures below.

20240404_132559.jpg20240404_132603.jpg20240404_132613.jpg

The biggest unanswered question is . Did it fit ?

The biggest unanswered question is . Did it fit ?
Yes perfect. Haven't fitted the new trim as yet, I can post those tomorrow when the glue has dried.
Two photos attached show the sink waste outlet that was height critical and a general front view. Being gloss black the photo isn't great.

20240406_145305.jpg20240406_145352.jpg

Do you have some plywood that matches everything else so as you can slip some in the front of the fridge

Back