OMG A WEEK TODAY, WE WILL BE FRANCE ??

• Thread starter Deleted member 2309
  • Start date
Apologies to all,
We had a fantastic holiday with a few lumps, thumps and bumps along the way😕
& a very big unexpected wow!! - which is not sorted yet ☹😀
While we were away (first week of our holiday)
we put an offer in, on a bungalow, very close to where we live 🙂
It was not planned but we still put an offer on it, even though we were in France 😕🤪

I have loads of photos to share if time allows and Admin haven’t booted me out 😕
camper contact, try them out its an app
thanks mickeydefrance I’d forgotten I had downloaded that app and found it very useful on our travels, thanks again x

No I am not admin, but in reply to your question, Phil has changed the operating hardware the site uses and so he has had to cancel all of the automatic renewal subscriptions and you will be receiving a reminder email when your individual membership is up for renewal.
Ok thanks, I was confused because all my updates come through my email but the cancellation came through on my Husbands email account 🤔

In response to your question in particular with regards to when you get over to France.

If it isn't too late to do so, buy yourself both the North & South editions of these https://www.vicarious-shop.com/coll...l-the-aires-france-north-and-south-3-together it will be the best £26 you have ever spent.

I never use the toll roads with the exception of the first bit south from Calais as far as Abbeville and from then on we take to the N or similar roads which are almost all in superb condition and we stop off at small comune villages on Aires in whichever direction we are travelling.

Last year we did a 6 week tour with the mindset to only stop over at FREE Aires and were amazed at the quality of most of them, including some with FREE electricity, water and even showers!!
Thank You Millie Master, that is what we did on the way down, until it became a toll road (thinking about it, we might have paid for a small section of toll road, as we only had 4 weeks) then meandered along the west coast 🙂 unfortunately my Husband won’t do aires ☹️ So we stuck to campsites- we did however stay at one Aire in Arcachon near aqua land 18€ - no toilet/ shower but Rob felt safe. Someone posted on campercontact it felt like a campsite for motorhomes, which it did really & our neighbours were lovely 🙂👍
I will look into vicarious next year if we don’t buy this bungalow
thank you 👍x

Thank You Millie Master, unfortunately my Husband won’t do aires ☹ So we stuck to campsites-

I used to own a couple of exclusive caravan sites in France and hated the thought of anyone using Aires as it took money out of the pockets of site owners, I was even known to regularly call motorhome owners "cheap skates" !

So many people think of Aires as being dangerous, which can be true when people use those aires located on the autoroutes or at the sides of major N or similar roads, but I can assure you, the very vast majority of Aires that are located in or around rural communes are utterly brilliant....... and if you don't like what you see on arrival, then simply drive on to the next one just down the road.

Mind your husband is the kind of motorhome owner who doesn't like using the on van facilities, then there is no hope for him....... why have them if you don't use them?

In reply to your first question ... where to stop in Folkestone?... dont. Go instead to Canterbury Park and Ride, Dover Road. Theres a great overflow area and you can fill up and empty out if required and it will cost you just £7 for a nice quiet night.
Short run to tunnel next morning via A2 and well signposted.
Have a great time
K ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back