Oral-B Pro Expert battery powered Toothbrush

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I'd just like to point one thing out regarding battery tooth brushes.
They are designed to work most efficiently with new batteries, and over time they slowly become less and less efficient at cleaning until it's actually noticable that the toothbrush motor isn't running as quickly any more which is when most people change the batteries.
If you're using them for a few days at a time you'll probably get away with it, if you're using them long term I would strongly recommend a mains charged one instead and keep the charge topped up.
I know there are electricity issues with Motorhomes if you dont have an electric hook up but thought I should put this information out there for you guys.

Regards - a new to motorhoming dentist.

OralB changed from NiCd batteries to Li-Ion a year or two ago, which was a vast improvement. New ones are much better, stay charged longer and run faster, but they said nothing about the change. I don't think there is any indication of which sort of battery is fitted.
You can charge them (old or new sort) with a £2 usb charger base from China. No need for mains

Last edited:
They don't like impure sine wave inverters, though..
Oh no !

Reactions: 2cv
OralB changed from NiCd batteries to Li-Ion a year or two ago, which was a vast improvement. New ones are much better, stay charged longer and run faster, but they said nothing about the change. I don't think there is any indication of which sort of battery is fitted.
You can charge them (old or new sort) with a £2 usb charger base from China. No need for mains
I recall you saying this before and I bought a USB charger for mine, but it just did nothing :(
I don't know if it was the Charger that was not good, or the Brush that didn't like it (it charged fine from 240AC) but just throwing this in there as a "doesn't always work" comment

Sorry should have been more specific, I dont rate the oral b tooth brushes that take AA batteries. The ones with rechargeable battery inbuilt that charge from a plug are much more suitable as long as you keep them charged up.

I recall you saying this before and I bought a USB charger for mine, but it just did nothing :(
I don't know if it was the Charger that was not good, or the Brush that didn't like it (it charged fine from 240AC) but just throwing this in there as a "doesn't always work" comment
The first one I bought didn't work either, until I replaced the USB lead.
I now have three USB chargers and four OralB toothbrushes (replaced old NiCd ones with newer LiIon ones)
All the chargers charge all the brushes, admittedly more slowly than the mains charger. So perhaps yours was defective?

The first one I bought didn't work either, until I replaced the USB lead.
I now have three USB chargers and four OralB toothbrushes (replaced old NiCd ones with newer LiIon ones)
All the chargers charge all the brushes, admittedly more slowly than the mains charger. So perhaps yours was defective?
was ages ago and I sent it back so dunno. I might try again sometime :)

I have the Philips brush and it’s a lot easier to charge as the brush is in a case and the case just plugs into the usb socket so it can be charged on the move. The oral b is good but if your driving it tends to fall off of the charger

I have the Philips brush and it’s a lot easier to charge as the brush is in a case and the case just plugs into the usb socket so it can be charged on the move. The oral b is good but if your driving it tends to fall off of the charger
blue tack !
Simples

My OralB toothbrush recharges overnight and is good for a week or two before the next charge. So no need to charge when driving.
However, it sits in the (unplugged) charging base all the time, so it doesn't rest its head on anything. It has never fallen off. Sounds like your van has a ride issue.

I have this for my non rechargeable toothbrush just sticks to the mirror couple of quid off eBay.
793FA541-21D8-4AD5-8BEB-8799A18FB617.jpeg

Reactions: 2cv
Way too much money you lot, why pay more, been using this model for over ten years, batteries last forever, got one in the van tother at home, and they are roughly the same size as none electric brushes.

2021-08-02%2008.37.46.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back