• Hello, If you are looking for the YouTuber Special Camp - Gregg Virgoe Meetup please CLICK HERE

Our 2019 Spanish & Portugal trip

grath

Great pictures , some beautiful places . My only problem , there seem to be lots of vans everywhere ! I appreciate some pictures may be at less crowded places .
Naive I know , but did you discover any quiet places far from the herd ?
Actually probably best not to say
We know many quiet locations, some at coast and many at Baragems
You need to come and explore

rugbyken

we’re presently at Pomarao i’ve seen as many as 30 vans parked up here but when we arrived sunday just the two of us 3 last night presently on our own , last wed we were at manta rota and the aire was complete on the ticket machine could see a couple of spaces but no access sure it will stay like that until april

jeffmossy

Rally Organiser

Really envy you Graham . Thanks for the great Pictures and town names , we will be traveling down that way February next year and looking for some nice locations . Thanks

grath

Really envy you Graham . Thanks for the great Pictures and town names , we will be traveling down that way February next year and looking for some nice locations . Thanks
Thank you Jeff, but I am doing nothing really special or much touring
We are just sitting at places we already know
Maybe next year we will head east and do a little discovering again
I am sure when you come down, you will find many equally nice places

grath

I’ve just finished silaging the lawn Graham, would you mind sending over one (or two ) of those nice looking Sangrias ...
I must say Dave, they were the best I have ever tasted
🍷🍷🍷

daygoboy

Free Member

Pleasant town Tavira. Often stopped off for a few days.
Years back it was a wildcampers favoured destination.
Then came the hordes fully blocking 4 Aguas restaurant carpark long term, all
were chucked off & the public water supply tap was sealed, then Black Stone beach
was verboten, along with the Fort Rat area. Symptomatic of so many spots
on the Algarve and beyond.

mr brown

we used to park where the ferry boat stopped for tavira island, i'd get set up and make furniture to sell to the more affluent locals. had a fire most nights ,drinking with the lads doing their national service in the town-had some laughs with that lot ,and when the GNR or aduanes came by and spotted the uniforms , they'd soon disappear. like you say ,bit different now

grath

Funny Graham, was only showing my father in law and partner yesterday the terrapins in the bandstand pond who also took photos! Also we were up in castle grounds where you were only yesterday, noticed that there are a few more vans turning up now where you are next to the new market. Enjoy Tavira 👍
We did have a look at the Luzia aire 3km away but didn’t like it, v small and cramped, possibly road noise, so we returned here. If you see us, please say hello
This morn at the tolerated parking about 20 vans
1A457A85-6B02-414B-B3A7-69C1D42E009E.jpeg