• Hello, If you are looking for the YouTuber Special Camp - Gregg Virgoe Meetup please CLICK HERE

Our 2019 Spanish & Portugal trip

grath

Yesterday we had a nice time at Tavira with a home made Tapas for lunch and a nice walk around. This morn was very hot and we were inendsted with flies (fly season has begun) so we moved to a really nice aire st Isle d Cristina overlooking the salt marshes. Hardly any flies at all, what a relief 😀 spotless toilets and everything else
4D9BFC79-B269-4C67-9907-49BFACFED561.jpeg5184D038-AA87-4726-A235-8EF63E0D3298.jpeg

Last edited:

Harleyboygaz3

We did have a look at the Luzia aire 3km away but didn’t like it, v small and cramped, possibly road noise, so we returned here. If you see us, please say hello
This morn at the tolerated parking about 20 vans
View attachment 50368
Yes the small parking on the corner in Sta. Luzia was busy when I went past last week ,but only 2 weeks ago it was empty!, Tavira parking 20 vans is quiet, give it another month and will be packed again. Last winter I once counted 89 vans!! Still the police are pretty tolerant here so only move people on when gets full or people abuse the privilege and start hanging out washing , deck chairs out etc..

grath

Another excellent day at Isla d Cristina
We did see the Flsmingoes and we went on a boat trip where they collect you from the site have an hr boat trip which was longer and included wine and large size prawns. Great value
Great hospitality, we should have come here sooner
We will return, a real working fishing town with tourist places to see

grath

I put this mornings sunrise photo in weather thread, but also decided to put it in my Spain Portugal thread as I thought it was so nice and real
Looking the other way over the marshes and salt flats, I can already see the Flamingoes basking in the sunrise, unfortunately with binoculars and too far away to photo with my I phone
BE428E51-0DB2-4AD1-A23C-3619089D2653.jpegE400D221-49DE-468A-B99E-187866C96B41.jpegFE703821-16FA-4ECD-B155-84DD6E9E4283.jpegE0F6D8AB-AA32-46EF-9586-398F9FC2B908.jpeg

Last edited:

Harleyboygaz3

grath

Great pictures Graham, keep them coming. We were in that same square for tapas Monday afternoon with the family I’m sure we’ll bump into each other soon !! We are off to Morocco on Tuesday so may pass you. 👍
Thank you!
What a coincidence
We are at the Motorhome park on the right just before the bridge over the salt marshes on the approach to Isla Cristina and staying until Monday. It is in cc app
We will be going to the Templer festival at nearby Lepe

grath

Kath and I have just been discussing the different nationalities we have met on this tour, regarding friendliness or stand offishness.
The French have not wanted to talk, except for one couple
Brits not far behind the French, very stand offish! With a couple exceptions
Belgium’s and Germans have been very friendly
Portuguese not as talkative as other years
Spanish, only talked to a couple and quite ok
The Irish (south) have been friendly
I am talking of motorhomers and not general public

Last edited:

grath

A little late this morn and I looked for the Flamingoes couldn’t see any😟made a cuppa looked again and hey ho, seven in the normal place. 😀Kept watching and another one flew in.
Can’t see much pink until they flap their wings a little, then a very strong pink red orange
Lovely to see, then two of them kissing or similar, didn’t seem aggressive at all.
Now the Egrets, Storks and some others we can’t name, all here in the salt marshes. A real bird watchers paradise
So pleased we came here, but best of all we can see all this from our m:h window while having breakfast 😀

grath

Just had a v nice bbq
Pork loin, pork sausages, peppers onions potatoes carrots and lovely bread to mop up the gravey
Obviously with a nice Rioja reserva and pistachio ice cream for afters
Now just chilling and this is the view form my seat
6DA55BBB-431B-446F-8919-AF3B73224C58.jpeg