Parking at/near alicante airport

quilkin

I'm wondering about the possibility of leaving my van at (or near) an airport in Spain during October for about a month. So, I would be driving down through France in September, flying home for a few weeks and than continuing my trip for another month or so in Spain / Portugal. Alicante would probably be the best airport.
There is airport parking at Alicante but I assume spaces are too small for my Boxer van (6m long, 2.3m high) - I seem to remember a 2m height limit for all the car parks last time I was there.
Has anyone done something similar? Are there other (relatively safe) parking options other than at the airport? I don't mind taking a bus a few miles to get to a flight.
Thanks
Chris

It might be worth seeing if there are any campsites nearby as they may have room for a long storage.

Like QFour said. Have the conversation with your insurer. They will need to get the storage/site you’re leaving it on. If they don’t like it, and you leave it, they will cancel your insurance. They did it with me this year in the UK. It was a proper storage site, with other vans on, in Widnes, Cheshire. Although it had lockable gates to the entry of the site, it never had a barrier to the van storage area. They checked on Google Maps and gave me 7 days to shift the van, or the whole policy was cancelled.

Not sure about insurance implications but we left our 7.4m 4.5ton van at one of the long term parking sites near Alicante Airport and it was less than €50 a week. Can't remember which one as there are several but they all have a shuttle bus to the airport and back again on your return. We weren't the only van there and apparently some owners used it as a storage solution avoiding long journeys to UK and back as it was cheaper than UK storage

Thank you for comments on insurance. I have checked through my policy document and can find no mention of leaving the vehicle unattended (unlike my previous insurer, which stipulated a max of 48 hours unattended if not parked at home).

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back