Pet insurance for Europe lasting 3 months

ScoobieDee

Can anyone advise about insurance for my dog which also include going over sea for at least three months ??
thanks

Sorry, we put £3000 in a fund saved over a year and that is our pet insurance. My previous experience of insurance policies is not good ... as the dog ages, the premium and excess goes up, and up and UP.

K. - my experiences recently with the last 2 dogs - both uninsured - cost me around £10k in a short period of time.

Molly is fully insured , but I have no idea about extended overseas trips. I’d better go look at the details.

Ouch. The theory is that we don’t spend any more than this emergency fund, but if it actually came to the decision...
treatment is much cheaper in Greece. Poor Oscar is about to be castrated over here ...

I use Tesco, who used to allow 90 days. We need to keep with them because of treatment and a new insurer would say (rightly) that it's a pre-existing condition. Last year at renewal they changed it to, I think, up to three trips of up to 30 days each. I called them and they said they were quite relaxed about rolling the three together. I wasn't too happy but we didn't have a holiday planned at the time. However when we were planning to go away I called them again and they again said it was fine. So at least they are consistent. We didn't have to claim though!

I've used Saga for about 6 years now, they allow unlimited foreign trips and I can't find any duration limit.
Our mutt is 12 now and although the premium has increased steadily there have been no shock rises, it was £175 in 2015 and I've just renewed for £260 for £2000 vet fees for 12 months. There are long term medical condition cover levels but I take the view our tough little bugger will get an injury (like a third adder bite) rather than a health condition. Primary reason for insuring is liability.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back