Polishing scratches from perspex

Dr Mick

Free Member

Avoiding being run off the road by a lorry, I scratched the tinted Perspex side windows of my camper on a tree branch, not deeply but enough to see the full width scratches from inside. What’s the safest way to polish them out please? Any products that others have used?

Farecla g3 paint cutting polish,use it with a cloth or buff on a weted surface,it will not remove deep cuts,nothing will.

There’s a special T cut for cleaning Plastick headlights I’ve used that before and worked a treat on mh windows in a toothpaste like tube from Halfords

I have never been brave enough like this guy to use wet and dry . See his video :
If it works let me know.

Paul

Last edited:
I should be able to suggest something here as we used to polish small scratches out of the old helmet visors but for the life of me I can't remember what we used, I seem to think it was either a powder we mixed to a paste or it was a paste. That only leaves about half a million different options :)

You realy have to be careful what you polish you’re helmet with ??????

Ha ha Wully, I just knew I had used the wrong words when I typed it but wasn't sure who would be the first to comment :) :)

I've used Fenwicks Windowize. Requires a bit of elbow grease but very effective.
I used Fenwicks Windowize and it improved the overall appearance of my Windows but did not remove the scratches altogether. It’s very gentle. I’ll perservere. Thanks to all for your responses.

I read years ago that Autoglym Resin Polish works well by filling the scratches rather than removing material to remove them. I tried it and it worked very well but make sure the window is clean using warm soapy water first and allow to dry thoroughly.

Reactions: 2cv
Farecla g3 also for us. Introduced to it by a motorhomer in Crete, who used it to magic away lots of bush scratches. He told me it is what is used in the trade and not to touch T Cut.

I have also used Fenwick's Windowize plastic & acrylic scratch remover but I had mixed results, it probably depends on the depth of the scratch.

Reactions: 2cv
Our windows look fine in the cloud and rain but when the sun shines you can see where a previous owner has cleaned them in circles, like most people I’m frightened of making them worse , someone has told me to use the cheap old fashioned toothpaste, but not brave enough yet, and we do get more clouds than sun usually.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back