Posts in Forums running off track need intervention HA HA WITHDRAWN I GIVE UP LOL

Wrighpm

Hi reasonably new to motorhome and have benefitted from much wisdom shared. However I suggest the recent post about stolen fuel ended up in a lengthy debate on legal issues etc. The original issued got buried

Last edited:
I can understand your frustration a little bit, however -

I feel it is the nature of conversations, be they online or face to face, to wander on and off topic. Sometimes these meanderings as still of interest, sometimes they aren't.

If I find a topic that I am following wanders off into an area I'm not interested in I just stop reading it.

I think moderation, other than for offensive or provocative content, would be too oppressive and heavy-handed.

Just my own opinion of course.

I agree with the OP, one of the things I like about this forum (and a couple of others) is the lack of such in depth and protracted replies, not particularly relevant to the original subject.

Not sure about the moderation thing though.

I recognise a number of names on here that have been posting on various forums for years. They will tell you that this is one of the most succinct out there. I suspect that generally that's the way they like to keep it but occasionally a member needs to get something of their chest, for whatever reason so there is the occasional lapse.

Last edited:
No moderation needed in most cases, Admin could simply PM where it is required, I rarely need to intervene on mine, or a simple request to get back to the topic will do in the thread.

With most subjects they will get relevant replies that are informative and deal with matter in hand , and then you get a few humorous contributions , then there is those that divert on to subsequent issues . It doesn't take much effort to ignore those that you don't wish to interact with . To much moderation can stifle the flow , and result in interesting subjects not being raised JMHO

I find that very little moderation is needed because we have a decent community who can discuss things without breaking the simple forum rules. Over moderation would change the whole feel of the forum I think. If a thread wanders off track the initial topic has generally been pretty well covered earlier in the thread.
I find that most of my moderator input is around tidying up posts especially those involving pictures where many fail to push the thumbnail or full image button. Just gives the forum a tidier look.

Guilty as charged M' lud..
It's just our ages.. Nothing's that serious.
Now .... Where's me glasses..?
Just look on Wildcamping.co.. even the opening post of most threads is off topic.
We're motorhomers..!

Now, where were we?
I preferred my big , hairy, 125 cc Lambretta to the Vespa..
0 to 40.... Eventually.

There is now a lot of cassette carrying or is that wee-wee taking. No, I havn't seen your ferret on a Vespa.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back