Pressure Cooker

Sharon the Cat

I have not had a pressure cooker for many years as I could never find one as good as the one my Mother bought her for her Mother when she was still at school (70 years ago). Having just found a UK food blogger who has some really good "Dump & Start" pressure cooker one pot meals I am wondering about getting one. LInky

Can anyone recommend a fairly compact one for use in the van?

I have not had a pressure cooker for many years as I could never find one as good as the one my Mother bought her for her Mother when she was still at school (70 years ago). Having just found a UK food blogger who has some really good "Dump & Start" pressure cooker one pot meals I am wondering about getting one. LInky

Can anyone recommend a fairly compact one for use in the van?
Memories of everything tasting exactly the same after being together cooked in one.

Bongobaz recommended the Hawkins to us about two years ago, I have hummed and harred about it all that time, a month ago just ordered it from amazon and thanks it’s brilliant we haven’t had potatoes in the van because or the twenty five minutes worth of steam but this thing is wonderful 3 mins for potatoes and it’s done thanks baz ?

Saw one of the Murphy Richards in a charity shop yesterday for £3 looked unused! Now wondering if I should get it....

Mine in the van is a morphed Richards very small 2.5 ltr but the one in the house is a 30/40 year old 6 ltrTower belonged to my mum and is still used on a regular basis.

Last edited:
I'm thinking the Morphy Richards 46640 may be the way to go. I've also looked at the Hawkins & read the reviews on both.
Thanks everyone for your input.

Mine in the van is a morphed Richards very small 2.5 ltr but the one in the house is a 30/40 year old 6 ltrTower belonged to my mum and is still used on a regular basis.
We also have a large one for use in the house, Maggy makes enough soup to feed the street if we have vegetables that will soon go off, if she is only doing a small amount I have to go out to the van for the small one because she prefers it

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back