• Hello, If you are looking for the YouTuber Special Camp - Gregg Virgoe Meetup please CLICK HERE

Rabies Injection

cronkle

We have the dog prepared for the worst case - blood test and the expectation that we will have to have him health checked before we go abroad. I think the Gov advice is to prepare for the worst case and then see what happens. Relying on a 'maybe' with my luck(!) would likely lead to delayed or cancelled holidays next year.

El radge

@El radge Sorry, but the rules re vaccination apply to EU countries. To get a pet passport, and for it to remain valid, the rabies vaccination must not have expired, hence the need for boosters.
Not accor
@El radge Sorry, but the rules re vaccination apply to EU countries. To get a pet passport, and for it to remain valid, the rabies vaccination must not have expired, hence the need for boosters.
I thought you were referring to boosters as in before the 3 year rabies jag expires ?
Your link initially refers to bringing animals into the UK . Also lots of data about the rules regarding unlisted countries .
As things stand (!) the rules haven't changed . 3 year rabies jag valid for 3 years . Titre test not required .

Clunegapyears

Yes 3 years for Uk rules. But in EU they vaccinate annually. As I said we are going for annual rabies vaccinations. Just to conform with the rest of the EU. Ours is a personal reason as we are going out east this trip to Turkey, and further and we don’t want any difficult border crossings as we come back into the EU. Well so agree about not vaccinating unnecessarily, the vet assured me that there were no rests with going to annual vaccinations. Sorry if this clouded your understanding.