Ramps

Carrerasax

Ramps

Are the yellow fiamma solid plastic ones better than the open block mounded underside as mine split in weeks and collect mud/grass underneath that is messy.

Found they last longer if you put a rubber car mat under them on hard or stony ground and they don't try to slide away

Lots of bits of plastic chipped off our Milenco 3 tier ... about 2 years old and not used often. As someone stated ... if at all un even ground, they suffer ... and how often is it flat?!?!
Not tried mats underneath, but something else to carry. Being 4+ ton the yellow Fiamma were not up to weight that we previously had. Nor wide enough for the tyres.

Thanks winks.
are these the ones that are enclosed underneath rather that the open block moulding of most others.

Never bother with them as always seem to manage to level up somehow.
Did like the self levelling system on the Winnebago but just more to go wrong.

BJN;n12178 said:
Milenco quatro ones for us 3650kg van, no problems

Same for us,had the quattros for about 3 years now and they've been good with no problems.They are quite bulky for storage though but they go in one of the belly lockers quite neatly.

The smaller yellow Fiamma ones just disappear into the grass, even on a small campervan, not much use. I bought some medium Milenco which are still usable after 6 months but slightly bent one end. They're better but not sure they'll last too long. I could do with more height at times but the larger ones take up too much space. The bags are certainly worthwhile when leaving a site in the wet.

We use the solid yellow ones as the bigger stepped ones had started to crack. There were two different sizes of solid yellow ones, the bigger ones now being the only ones available. However I did manage to find old stock of the smaller ones and we use those. The pitches we use tend to be very firm particularly by the Med in summer so they don't sink. I made up a draw string bag to stop the dirt getting everywhere.

I've had the Fiamma stepped, yellow ones for over 6 years and they're still going strong, so no complaints. They have one or two little cracks but not enough to stop them working. I tap them together to get of most of the mud and grass and give them a wipe over if there are signs of stowaway creatures... then I store then in a big thick plastic sack in the cubby. If I have to replace them, I may give Milenco a try next time.

I've got through 3 sets of Milenco 3 tier ramps. As previous posters say they break if used on uneven surfaces and the latest set broke when I drove the van slightly too high onto the 3rd tier and the front of the ramp broke off! Scary! I'm not at all sure what I should buy to replace them? Any ideas? Maybe a couple of ramp shaped blocks of wood?

Hmmm, maybe I won't try Milenco. Over six years with the Fiamma ones isn't bad.

We have ramps similar to Milenco three tier ones from Towsure but always sit them on large green Monster mats we bought at a show.

They have studs that match the bases of the ramps so they don't slip. I can't find them on Google tho

The thin yellow mats are useless

Steve

We have had the Fiamma ramps, both the curved and uncurved styles and both cracked after a year of use. This year we went to the Millenco Quatro ramps. and so far they have withstood the rigours of uneven ground, be it stone, sand of grass and I am very happy with them. The wheel park curves are very easy to detect when you drive up onto them as they are larger than the Fiamma ones. They are quite bulky though in comparison to the Fiamma type. We have a large belly locker and they fit neatly in there. Not had any problems with crud getting into the hollows. We weigh in at 3.8 and our previous van was 3.5.

Banned member;n12170 said:
Never bother with them as always seem to manage to level up somehow.
Did like the self levelling system on the Winnebago but just more to go wrong.

Also very good at twisting the body enough to pop the windscreen out, I'm told.

GB584;n14411 said:
This year we went to the Millenco Quatro ramps. and so far they have withstood the rigours of uneven ground, be it stone, sand of grass and I am very happy with them. The wheel park curves are very easy to detect when you drive up onto them as they are larger than the Fiamma ones..
I do have a pair of the big four-step ramps, but I found the wheel dents are too small. I have a set of the ones that are as big but only have three dents. They seem much better. So much better that I'm considering taking a saw to the old ones and reprofiling them a bit.

But I would never use them when wild camping, so they mostly live in the boot.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back