Refillable gas bottles

• Thread starter Deleted member 1063
  • Start date
I have just fitted a Gasit 11kg bottle, fitted for convenience, going on a road trip to Italy, Greece, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria and Germany, for 6 to 8 weeks and just know I would have run out of gas sometime, so one less thing to worry about
Don't forget the adapters to fit the different fill nozzles in those countries.

Now woudn't you think that as they have debated such vitally important matters such as bent cucumbers and other such stupid matters that the bods in Brussels would have made some kind of directive that there ought to be a standard sized attachment throughout Europe at gas refilling points?

Just fitted the Mopeka blue tooth gas level kit ( just the sender ) and using my Samsung tab to keep an eye on the level ..currently 49%...Used a spacer to lift the bottle to keep the sender clear of the floor (it was clear but not enough for my peace of mind )
I have one Gas It refillable and one Spanish bottle as a spare so like to keep the gas it topped up . See how it performs on my European trip.

Mopeka.jpg

I got mine fitted along with the LPG on Sylvia so the GAs Fitter put in a GASIT bottle and the bottle fills when I fill the LPG on main tank if it needs to.
A great idea from the Gas Fitter and if I were to totally run out there was still enough room in Gas Compartment of Van to leave the half full Propane Cylinder. There is a post by the Fitter with images on Facebook here

Reactions: Bri
How many of you fine people are using refillable gas bottles ?
Secondly did you do it for financial reasons or convenience ?
And if for the financial reason, how long has it or will it take to break even on the outlay and reap the benefits.
Hi, when we bought our ‘van in Holland the previous owner refilled bottles in the gas cabinet but this was impossible in UK so like others I went to Gasit and bought the conversion kit and now have external filling point and new lightweight bottles. Usually no problems in EU but one garage chain in Italy sometimes won’t let you fill, some company interpretation of a rule. But I use the myLPG.eu app with the map very helpful.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back