Remoska cookers

Got one a few years ago - it’s in the garden workshop, I really, really, really should get it out and use it

Nice. I bought one second hand on Sunday, used it every day since.

I thought perhaps the instant pots had taken over, for the same money they seem to do more, but being 700w to my 400w remoska I opted for the lower power. Has anyone tried both?

Last edited:
We have one and love it.

Has anyone got any "one pot" recipes to share? I am not very good at cooking so at the moment just use it for cooking chicken breasts or chops etc. i would love to do a whole meal in it though.

Put your pieces of meat (any meat including chicken) in to brown. Turn them to brown evenly. Add a covering of stock ( cube made up with water) let it cook for about 10 mins then add mixed frozen veg and put pieces of potato on top. Cook for another 30 mins or until the potatoes are nicely browned. If the meat underneath is not yet cooked put foil on top to stop the potatoes burning.

I bought one and it looks a great bit of kit - but sending it back :( thought would be able to use the pot section on a hob as well but I didn't realise it was aluminium.
Ah well.

Put your pieces of meat (any meat including chicken) in to brown. Turn them to brown evenly. Add a covering of stock ( cube made up with water) let it cook for about 10 mins then add mixed frozen veg and put pieces of potato on top. Cook for another 30 mins or until the potatoes are nicely browned. If the meat underneath is not yet cooked put foil on top to stop the potatoes burning.
You obviously have a multitude of talents. I will try that as soon as I get mine delivered.

I have both sizes of the original old style and use the small one in the van and the larger one at home , great for whatever you would put in a normal oven .

Has anyone tried to use it whilst travelling along hooked up to your inverter? If so, what did you think?
do you mean literally "whilst travelling"? If so, you would need to keep the lid firmly strapped down and whole pan from not moving around.
I have used a slow cooker while driving and used a bungy strap to keep the top on and put the cooker in the sink to keep secure.
With the right prep, I see no reason why you could/should not use it.

I have not tried it travelling along myself as worried about spillages (!) I have, however, heard others say that they have done it successfully.

I was just curious, it’s not something we‘ve considered, but I believe I’ve heard of others doing it. The slow cooker approach sounds a little safer to control any possible spillage.

The remoska cooks quickly. It would need to be quite a short kourney for cooking en route to be feasible.

And the lid is a tight fit. Agree cooks more quickly than an oven.
when using the slow cooker on the move, I wrap it in the oven gloves and then put in a washing up bowl to catch any spillages. Our issue then is keeping the dogs snouts out of it!

We’ve used a slow cooker on the move, placed in the sink it’s the slow cooker lid strapped down. Meal ready on arrival - perfect!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back