Replaced battery.

Derekb

Free Member

Hi all I've just replaced the battery on my 2019 fiat ducato auto trail and now the radio, alarm etc won't switch on. I've checked all fuses and they are OK. Has anyone had this problem and how did they fix it? Thanks in advance Derek.

Only a guess, but it’s very common for cars to require a jumper to maintain the codes when a battery is replaced. It sounds likely for you too. You’ll need to look in the handbook for more info.

Maybe a wire has broken off one of the battery terminals? I'd check the radio fuse first as there should at least be power to it whether it requires a code or not.

On my boxer you have to disconect the starter battery to top up with water , 2019 is a short life for a starter battery had it gone flat during storage , strange the radio is factor fitted the alarm is an added extra ,could possibly need diagnostic check

Thanks to all of you for your response. Just to let you know that it was a faulty fuse attached to the top of the battery which my auto electrician found and it cost me £2.42 for the replacement fuse hopefully this will be helpful to someone else in the future. Thank you Derek.

Reactions: 2cv

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back