Replacement Dometic fridge door shelves

Owlhouse

Broke yet another fridge door shelf! Nothing heavy in it, just a couple of small jars etc. I think it was just a rough bit of road but it’s the third one that’s broken. Had a look round dealers, Amazon, fleabay etc. All seemed to be the same price for genuine Dometic spares but found a non Dometic replacement shelf by a 3d printer site. Free post and around same price as Dometic. They arrived today (3) and fit perfectly, they definitely feel much stronger than the Dometic ones. Being made by 3d printing they are less brittle than the plastic ones from Dometic.
Time will tell if they are better but I have every confidence that they should be fine. If interested have a look on EBay - Dometic RML9430 9431 9435 Stronger Fridge Door Shelf Bin CARAVAN MOTORHOME from 3dspares. They do other shelves as well.
Note - I do not have any connection with them, apart from buying my shelves.

We share your pain! Thanks for the tip. Only have to look at the dometic door shelves and they crack. Definitely brittle from the outset. We have a replacement non dometic one in use and that's doing OK 12 months in. Managed to crack one of the other originals last week, grrrr!

Broke yet another fridge door shelf! Nothing heavy in it, just a couple of small jars etc. I think it was just a rough bit of road but it’s the third one that’s broken. Had a look round dealers, Amazon, fleabay etc. All seemed to be the same price for genuine Dometic spares but found a non Dometic replacement shelf by a 3d printer site. Free post and around same price as Dometic. They arrived today (3) and fit perfectly, they definitely feel much stronger than the Dometic ones. Being made by 3d printing they are less brittle than the plastic ones from Dometic.
Time will tell if they are better but I have every confidence that they should be fine. If interested have a look on EBay - Dometic RML9430 9431 9435 Stronger Fridge Door Shelf Bin CARAVAN MOTORHOME from 3dspares. They do other shelves as well.
Have you a link for these as worth putting in the memory bank for future ref, thanks.

We have the 9435 Fridge Freezer & Grill (broke the fridge door handle in Spain, hours of fun making a temporary replacement so we could continue to drive...). Can you please tell me the price of the door shelves, because sure as eggs is eggs, they will be the next item to fail/break, and I might as well have a spare ready to fit ...

Steve

i also bought new door pockets of the same e bay site had to replace the bottom one that had broken when it arrived so impressed i bought the other two

Never heard of any being broken, but now I have I'm surprised Liz hasn't managed it the way she bashes stuff about.

I often drop at least one when bringing them up to the house to put through the dishwasher, they just bounce.

We have the 9435 Fridge Freezer & Grill (broke the fridge door handle in Spain, hours of fun making a temporary replacement so we could continue to drive...). Can you please tell me the price of the door shelves, because sure as eggs is eggs, they will be the next item to fail/break, and I might as well have a spare ready to fit ...

Steve

£40 on link link Owlhouse posted in the post above yours Steve.

Last edited:
broke our in Spain stopped at MECATECHNIC in Lillie ( PHOTO ) on way back picked up 4 for £26 each just in case
c/c/m club sell them also you only have to look at them & they break tried to claim on warranty no go i think the less said about warranty's the better .cheyenne

Screenshot 2023-07-16 072343.png

They must have listened. Our Dometic fridge has plastic door shelves, not the clear / blue version but a cloudy blue bendy version. When they jump out and you open the door they bounce when they hit the floor. Stopped putting anything heavy in the door now. Taken the freezer part out of the top and fridge works much better as it has twice the cooling fins. We have a Dometic compressor freezer in the garage.

Last edited:
They must have listened. Our Dometic fridge has plastic door shelves. When they jump out and you open the door they bounce when they hit the floor. Stopped putting anything heavy in the door now. Taken the freezer part out of the top and fridge works much better as it has twice the cooling fins. We have a Dometic compressor freezer in the garage.
Our first trip since removing the Freezer compartment and it does help with the cooling. Can't make a definitive comment, because it's unseasonably cold this weekend, and we had fridge fans fitted on Thursday, but in combination, the fridge performs better!

Steve

Our first trip since removing the Freezer compartment and it does help with the cooling. Can't make a definitive comment, because it's unseasonably cold this weekend, and we had fridge fans fitted on Thursday, but in combination, the fridge performs better!

Steve
Yes it does seem to work far better as there are far more cooling fins We only have one bottom vent outside and a large vent on the roof. Seems to all work very well.

All these shelves are made from polystyrene. It's the same material as 'Airfix' model aeroplane kits so, if the damage is not too bad - just a crack, say - you can repair them with polystyrene cement* which welds the material together. Try to separate the crack a little and apply to the mating faces, then leave overnight. I've used this method at home and in the van and it generally holds together well.

BTW, I'd like to think that the guy selling the 3d printed versions is using high impact polystyrene (HIPS) which has a mix of rubber in it for toughness.

*available in model shops or fleabay.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back