Replacing a table with?

eurajohn

The factory fitted table of my Frankia T640 FF2, is a complicated affair that has a single support column mounted on a base that sits on to two floor mounted rails that run from back to front, sitting on top of that is the table top itself which is a three piece affair that opens from 40 cm wide to 80 cm wide, it's cumbersome not exactly easy to move out of the way and very heavy, the whole ensemble weighs in at 28.5 Kg!
I'm looking to replace it and my favourite for the support column at the moment is a Sequoia 4 piece island table leg set see here https://camperinteriors.co.uk/colle...iece-island-table-leg-set?variant=36488007311.
I'll top it with a lightweight top from one of the few companies offering them.

I'm hoping someone has experience of them and can give an opinion, anyone help?

I replaced my table in my Burstner, I used a telescopic pedestal so that I could set it low to use as part of the base of the second bed, the pedestal came from Marine Teak.AA48D1AE-35E1-4CBD-9D2A-B77E955632CA.jpeg873F33EC-E188-4670-8AAF-E3BABAA32C50.jpegF7667657-1F73-40DB-B573-233AC8AF9AE8.jpeg

My table clips to wall with a fold down leg which locks into a very small clip on the floor in front of rear set of seats,it stores away on outside of loo wall on clips.

table toilet door.jpgtable top.jpgleg table.jpgvan to back.jpg

Last edited:
Used a 3 piece set up from eBay for mine, tad over 20 quid. Bottom screws thru floor, top screws under table & leg is 700mm long & slight taper either end. My table hinges from the wall & single leg under the other end but the leg will also work in centre of table on its own.20190616_201204.jpg

I use a Lifetime Table from Costco as well :) Those Lifetime tables are great. very durable and totally weather proof (got about 8 assorted ones!)

The one in the Camper is the appox 2' x 2' one
IMG_20180610_111454 by David, on Flickr

It has folding legs so is free standing but I also fitted an Island leg receptacle so it can be attached and swung around
IMG_20180613_152132 by David, on Flickr

runnach, I've not really got space to store / lose a freestanding one like that, although do like the look of that one, although Costco a non starter for me I live in France.

GreggBear I've had those in the past and whilst OK I've found they do tend to get very stuck together on the tapers, also with that one I can't have anything through the floor as my water tank is in the double floor directly under the area the table needs to be.
Which is why I was looking at the Sequoia, just a bit concerned at stability with only a 2" column and the cam lock base.

Hi runnach, we are in the North West Pays de la Loire, close to Mayenne (where Rapido's are made) so quite a way from Paris.
Had a look at the French web site, not too much info on there and the on line one seems to be USA based.
Hadn't thought of storing in outside locker so that could actually be a possibility, if I can think of a way to get one.

Hi Mr EJ,

I had a similar problem with a square table that fitted between 2 bench type seats. Solid woodchip type and heavy!

I was having a mooch around IKEA and saw that they sold self assemble bedding box's made from a 'teak' type wood in a lattice type pattern.

Took the (pedistal!) island leg socket off the original table and mounted it on the underside of the top but off centre. So it fits on the island leg and in use, extends from the wall/window into the centre isle of the van, it gives lots of room for meals for two or drinks for four.

Then if you want to leave it up but clear of the centre isle we just swivel it round so its overhanging either seat. If you measure right it will clear the window/wall end.

Usually used with a table cloth so the holes not seen. Due to its size, good for two, we have also been able to get rid of the even larger free standing table that stored in the wardrobe of the van. It was also very heavy, laminated cast iron heavy!

Hope you get the idea.

Boots

I'll get in touch with Costco and see what, or more likely with French commerce IF they can or will offer any thing of use.

I have had a pretty good look around in the local shops and to date found nothing suitable.

Still hoping someone might have knowledge of the sequoia set up.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back