reversing camera on a rollerteam tline 740

andrew h smith

Free Member

I recently purchased a new rollerteam tline 740 which has a reversing camera fitted . my question is could I replace it with a duel camera one for reversing and one as a rear view camera without having to replace the wiring and monitor ?

If you're adding a second camera you'll need a second video lead, and unless your monitor has two video in sockets this will also need changing. Either that or a second monitor.

If you fit a dual camera you will also have to drill another hole the dual’s have two cables

More than likely.
Nothing quite like drilling holes in a new van !!!!
Thinking about it, they is another option. Not had any experience with them myself but there are wireless cameras which could be an option as you will already have a power supply to the camera that's already there .

More than likely.
Nothing quite like drilling holes in a new van !!!!
Thinking about it, they is another option. Not had any experience with them myself but there are wireless cameras which could be an option as you will already have a power supply to the camera that's already there .
I ripped my factory fitted reversing camera off last year and was quoted £500 +vat + labour for a replacement from Burstner. I went on Amazon and bought a replacement wireless camera for about £75 and it is working perfectly so far one year on.

thanks for the feedback , might try and change the angle of the current camera to use as a rear view mirror . big issue I have is the width of the mirrors on narrow roads , we recently smashed the drivers mirror on the ring of Kerry in Ireland. very narrow roads and many buses . you can pull the mirrors in but generally don't have the time . would like to get to a position where we can pull both mirrors in on narrow roads and still see whats behind us . talked to a couple recently that had three rear facing cameras which looked pretty good at a cost of £650 which I thought was not too bad

I ripped my factory fitted reversing camera off last year and was quoted £500 +vat + labour for a replacement from Burstner. I went on Amazon and bought a replacement wireless camera for about £75 and it is working perfectly so far one year on.

Hi Vinny. Can you recommend the make of the kit as I have the same problem with a 821 Burstner and don't want to look at running new wiring from cab to the back.

Hi Andrew. How did you get on? I've got a 2016 T-Line 740 and have the same issue as you. Would love to replace the camera but don't want to drill any holes. No idea why they don't have 2 cameras as the monitor has 2 feeds. Can't even find if there is an upgrade. Not sure if there are aftermarket cameras that would fit behind the camera cover. Hope there is a relatively simple fix.

If you can't run a second cable or have a monitor with a second input, it should be possible to fit a little gizmo to two cameras (one Reversing, one Rear view) that shows the Rear View normally, and then if it receives a signal (from the reversing lights) it will switch the video output to the Reversing Camera.
I think there is also a system that has a single camera that is motorised and on detecting a reverse light signal will rotate the camera downwards to act as a reversing camera (a bit like Door Mirrors that automatically drop when reverse gear is engaged).

either one of those systems would save running a new cable all the way from back to front (you would need to run a cable from reversing light to camera box though)

I replaced my single rear camera with two but just used the existing unused audio wire for the second camera's video so no need to add any extra wiring. Then just added a switch to flick between the two rather than using a reverse trigger. The cameras were only £12 each but have really great clarity, so that was a cheap solution. (y)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back