Sat Nav with mapping for vehicle size, advice please ?

Garmin Camper or MyRouteApp on a nice 10" tablet or iPad (y)
MyRouteApp allows you to plan journeys on the website then they will show up on your tablet or you can export them to your Garmin (or Tom Tom) Satnav

Regards,
Del

Reactions: RAW
Our vote is the Atec Tourer bought from CMC. It a Garmin camper sat nav with preploaded camp site and has has worked well using our MH sizes and weight. The latest version includes emissions restriction.

Thanks for all the replies, big windscreen so I think 7 inch will be good for us. Can't fit a head unit in the dash without a hell of a lot of work as not built for head units (old) I use CoPilot at work, although had issues with it thinking footpaths are roads !!

Will do a bit more research. Thanks again.
It's probably not Copilot but the mapping data. Some years ago in France, the Garmin that I was then using tried to send me up something that was no more than a goat track; also regularly tried to send me along forestry tracks that were closed off with locked barriers.

Take a look at CMNAVs Satnav they are very good and very reasonably priced with a Yearly update. They have a website and they have a Facebook page.

Sat Navs with vehicle size might be able to pick up official weight, height and width limits but I can‘t see how any of them can pick up narrow B roads because the maps simply don’t include this information.
Maps don't, Mapping does.

Take a look at CMNAVs Satnav they are very good and very reasonably priced with a Yearly update. They have a website and they have a Facebook page.
I had a look at their website, thanks, do you have one ? Are you using the one with the Dashcam built in and what's it like if you are ?

Maps don't, Mapping does.
Ok you will have to educate me on the difference between maps and mapping. What I was trying to say was that the cartographers can only record official width limits and not whether a road is narrow. What constitutes a narrow road, who defines it?

Ok you will have to educate me on the difference between maps and mapping. What I was trying to say was that the cartographers can only record official width limits and not whether a road is narrow. What constitutes a narrow road, who defines it?
Sorry, I think I was a little pedantic in my post. Maps are the finished article, whether it is digital or paper. Mapping is the collection of material to make maps. Modern collection methods of mapping data collects the details needed for road widths and bridge heights and weights. I have a Garmin 770 Camper sat nav and I get warnings about roads that are too narrow for the dimensions I have put in the unit. It is a double edged sword though, it can mean a longer journey even though the road may be suitable with care.

AI is now being used by mapping companies to categorise roads that were not before. It should improve the dimensions and include those roads and tracks that are just not suitable but were never put in the "Bugger me, this is a bit narrow" file!

As we are moving I have decided to wait a bit, exchange some more old tech / phones etc to CEX for vouchers and when they have a 2nd Hard Garmin DEZL in that's 7 inch or larger will likely get that :cool: Thanks for all the feedback and comments on this question

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back