Satellite dish choices.

I originally had a rectangular satellite antenna until the motorhome on which it was mounted was stolen; the current one came with a dish already fitted. I do feel that the rectangular antenna was mounted very robustly and I never had any concerns in high winds, which is not the case with the dish.

Tom
Hi Tom, how did the rectangular dish fair when when deep in south of France and Spain? Next jolly trip is now at the planning stage, France of course, Spain, Portugal, and we really fancy Morocco too.

Doctored fire stick will be handy to have also, can be used when at France house.

Cheers.....

Hi Tom, how did the rectangular dish fair when when deep in south of France and Spain? Next jolly trip is now at the planning stage, France of course, Spain, Portugal, and we really fancy Morocco too.

Doctored fire stick will be handy to have also, can be used when at France house.

Cheers.....
Hi Terry,
The rectangular antenna fared reasonably well in France. No experience of Spain. First slight glitch was with BBC HD signal when weight distribution in the motorhome was changed after locking on to the satellite; that was near Cahors. It worked fine further south than that, though channels were progressively lost. However, that motorhome was stolen in 2016 and the transmission footprint has been reduced since.

Tom

the satellite foot print was changed because the BBC told sky to .because the BBC said they didn't like xpats watching BBCs for free but they just got a bigger dish but no good for m/h's so its 907 west for spain .cheyenne

What modern setups do you folks have, what would you recommend?

Thanks in advance.
Nothing modern for me I've used a Maxview manual 85 cm dish for 15 yrs on 2 different vans no updates ever been reqd any repairs have been diy after a little practice finding Sat is easily done. If I had to buy a replacement it would be the same again

Terry hope your hospital stuff is nothing too serious. But you told me a while back about your penis extension plans listen it’s not that big of a deal. I rember when I had my penis reduction it took six nurses 2 hours to numb it weIl think that’s what they were trying to say😜😂

Terry hope your hospital stuff is nothing too serious. But you told me a while back about your penis extension plans listen it’s not that big of a deal. I rember when I had my penis reduction it took six nurses 2 hours to numb it weIl think that’s what they were trying to say😜😂
So, penal reform *is* plastic surgery after all, then? :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Wully, pretty much the same as Jeff, time to have my fire stick looked at.
Jeff told me he is putting his fire stick to good use now he is now able to access good quality @orn channels for free 💪

Nothing modern for me I've used a Maxview manual 85 cm dish for 15 yrs on 2 different vans no updates ever been reqd any repairs have been diy after a little practice finding Sat is easily done. If I had to buy a replacement it would be the same again
the updates are for auto sat only to lock on tom as the keep moving some sat's .cheyenne

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back