SatNav device - opinions please.

Les Haro;n13369 said:
Iv'e got waze on my phone, it's so easy,
It even asked me the other day, as I had slowed down, "is there congestion".
It adds this info to its memory/awareness of the situation.
And free.

Waze updates itself, all you have to do is enter travel details, nothing else.
I have two garmin sat navs that are full of memory updates and have ceased to work.

Les Haro;n13730 said:
Waze updates itself, all you have to do is enter travel details, nothing else.
I have two garmin sat navs that are full of memory updates and have ceased to work.

Does Waze work when you have no phone signal

I shall try it tomorrow because around me there is poor to zero signal, it hasn't not worked so far as I have been using it.
I shall report back tomorrow.

old git;n13271 said:
My wife has just bought me a Nozatec 7" truck sat nav from Ebay with lifetime upgrade of maps for £32.35 free postage great bit of kit although I haven't downloaded Pois yet because I am not sure how to.
Simply get the POIs in .kml format and put them in the folder .../content/userdata/poi

The lifetime upgrade is not much use, I'm afraid. The "newest" files are years out of date and lack the essential .ftr files needed to plan routes that take vehicle size and weight into account. You can get 2017 Q3 complete map sets from the Facebook group Nozatec Truck Sat Nav Users UK.

Eurodat;n14428 said:
Does Waze work when you have no phone signal

I have watched it and yes it always works regardless of phone signal.

I use Snooper with lifetime map updates but it has on our travels failed to recognize some roads we are on even though the roads are obviously not new.
I've had to use the co pilot downloaded on my tablet to help us out..
The co pilot is just the car one,I downloaded and paid for it a week before the caravan one became available and they wouldn't let me upgrade with paying again.

On Facebook there is a group dedidicated to the Nozatec sat nav, They post the latest map upgrades - for all countries, not just UK. The group also has files which
tells you exactly how to use it in step by step format, well worth joining. Plenty of help if you get stuck as well.

old git;n13271 said:
My wife has just bought me a Nozatec 7" truck sat nav from Ebay with lifetime upgrade of maps for £32.35 free postage great bit of kit although I havent downloaded Pois yet because I am not sure how to.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back