SCAM AMAZON PHONE CALL

They are just a bit daft! Anyone who has a prime account knows that it is a rolling monthly payment, not yearly! It can be stopped and started whenever you like too.. I love those calls, I feign pannick and go into meltdown for them. I have one of those clickers that were used on D-Day as a communication device, during the meltdown I click it once and go quiet. Then in an "official" voice, inform the caller that I am from the Fraud Office (is there such a thing?) and that they are being tracked. Line usually goes dead at this point.

I know it sounds sad, but I am retired, what else can I do to while away the lonely hours? :)😞🤪
play with your self ? on ukulele or such ,or just a plonker.as guitar or the like, p.s. you have plenty of time.ok-pj

Er... I have a Prime account for which I pay annually every November (currently £79 p.a.) I can stop it any time I want to but it will continue until the next renewal date. I suspect that if I then restart, it will be on the (more expensive) rolling monthly basis.

FWIW, I have a PBX that I've configured to automatically record every call. So, I usually try to get them to identify the true source and ask them where they got my info from before mentioning that the call is being recorded for fraud prevention purposes. At that point, the line usually goes dead. That said, I agree that it can be fun to play with these people if I have the time to spare as any time they waste with me can't be spent scamming someone else!
good on ya.ok pj

If only I had a landline, not!!! 😄 It's bad enough with the regular mobile calls of "You've been involved in a motor accident, right?". That can initially be fun if you are in the mood but eventually have to use stronger language to stop them repeatedly calling. Last time it was 4 calls in about 10 minutes. 😲

We had similar calls saying our BT internet was about to be switched off and to press 1 if I wanted to keep it on, we are with VM so obviously a scam but even if we were not it isn't a good idea to press 1 with unsolicited calls

Yes..we have had this one 4 times!

When doing a 1471 to check the number. it appears that they are random numbers - 3 of which were semi-local to us - and had not been reported elsewhere when I checked on t'interweb!

We are with EE so didnt press 1!

Graham
smile.gif

We just had a call from "Amazon Prime" - 01243 640769 - with the message regarding our Amazon Prime being stopped and to dial 1 for it to continue!

We haven't even got Amazon Prime anyway!

Graham
smile.gif

Most of us are sensible enogh to put the phone down but I know that some confused elderly person will panic & press the button. THis really is preying on those less fortunate - bring back hanging.

I use the BT 1572 service & every single call I get like this, or where it just clicks off etc. etc. gets blocked & I can definitely say I am receiving less calls because of it.

What concerns me is when we start getting these calls to our mobiles too. That will really drive me round the bend.

Another issue is that scammers have started spoofing services (like NHS) that use a 'to be connected, press a key' robot. If you check the number allegedly from my local NHS trust online to ensure it's OK and then call it back, you get a message that you were contacted by the NHS and they'll call back if it was important. When whoever it is calls you back, you get told to press a key -- but you've no guarantee that the call isn't from a scammer who's spoofing the NHS number...

Im getting a silent call on my mobile from southampton,i know nobody there unless its the lotto.

When we changed our landline handsets we received "Call Guardian" as a free ad-on.

Since that date we've not had one nuisance call, and I can check the list of blocked calls and add them to a black list.

I have had a lot of calls lately that hang up as soon as I answer. It's from OVO Energy wanting me to have a smart meter. I checked online to see whose number it was and there has been thousands of people with the same problem. It is now blocked on my mobile (no landline at home).

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back