Scarborough last night (Friday)

Eri mate fn disaster wi the old boy ,Fiona’s amazing handling this ,it’s went a bit up in the air shall we say ,we had a feeling this might occur
Think tough times are ahead ,back in tomorrow

Looks to be a lot of vans in the carpark. Like that most weekends, so much so I reckon we gonna lose it soon

Adrian twin I Think that might happen a guy with a 19 plate vw van dropping in the car park another pvc fiat holding court in his van with a waste container overflowing in abundance ,who I hasten to add did not like me saying in front of his audience as to my feelings but was quickly remedied,another who had a huge overhand onto the esplanade also rectified this after being daggered looks by myself and a few others
It’s crazy cause we arrived around two bought a £7 ticket others arrive at four dodge till five then buy a hour ,for goodness sake it drives me nuts ,my ticket was valid till 11*02 the following am ,now imho it’s great to get this privilege and you can use the remainder of the time in any other of the same council car parks in scar or Whitby or others,
Spent in pub for drinks and meals
Time ticking I think on what was evident I’m so sorry to say

We wer thare Friday nigh my grand son was playing rugby at Scarborough college privet school
We just got 24hrs ticket £9.00
Bill

We are regulars their as the wee-mans mum lives in Scarborough it's a nice place to stop and a good pub with good food and £9.00 for 24 hrs is grate to park and the ticket can be used in other car parks it's a nice walk down the prom.
What boils my piss is the ones that come in after 6pm and are gone before 9am i call them FLT's won't even put minimum amount in the meter
and fill the bins with there rubbish
bill

We are regulars their as the wee-mans mum lives in Scarborough it's a nice place to stop and a good pub with good food and £9.00 for 24 hrs is grate to park and the ticket can be used in other car parks it's a nice walk down the prom.
What boils my piss is the ones that come in after 6pm and are gone before 9am i call them FLT's won't even put minimum amount in the meter
bill
Agree 100%with you mate ,free loaders ain’t the word for it imho! Cracking spot for years we’ve been popping in but I feel time bomb now ticking ,what some public must think when they see washing out,waste water running across the tarmac it’s just not nice ,you can see the dodgers mile off

Was there Saturday afternoon not in van took grandkids out for day in car
Left about 5pm 25 vans in car park can't see it lasting been parking daytime in car and van for years now never see it so full of vans and till coming in as we drove up the road

bill
Prob the irish not paying,i would never do that. ;)

The council don't charge between certain hours, I don't get why its a problem to park there free. Council set the hours, surely its ok to park free & not be made to feel guilty. Am I missing something?...

The council don't charge between certain hours, I don't get why its a problem to park there free. Council set the hours, surely its ok to park free & not be made to feel guilty. Am I missing something?...

I agree. Most Car Parks are empty overnight and just wasted space. The main reasons why there has been no objections is that it has prevented the numerous breakins to the Sea Life Centre at night. I agree that some people appear greedy by arriving late and leaving early but when I have stayed there, some of the vans appear to be used by otherwise homeless people. In their case it is a good, safe place to overnight. The ba****ds I don't like are the snobby, top of the range motorhome, greedy tossers who do the same. :rolleyes:

Sorry folk's bean of the forums owing to being in hospital i do like Scarborough sea life center car park and even if its free over night i still put sumthing in the meter.
i do use the bins and i do use the pub i expect many try to pay nothing me personalty i like to put something back in to the community
a lot of the locals don't like it but they like the boy racers less and if motorhomes were not their the boy racers would
bill

I agree. Most Car Parks are empty overnight and just wasted space. The main reasons why there has been no objections is that it has prevented the numerous breakins to the Sea Life Centre at night. I agree that some people appear greedy by arriving late and leaving early but when I have stayed there, some of the vans appear to be used by otherwise homeless people. In their case it is a good, safe place to overnight. The ba****ds I don't like are the snobby, top of the range motorhome, greedy tossers who do the same. :rolleyes:
So did you go and ask them if thay were homeless or just assume they are i have parked their in my old van for years i have met a few full timers but never any one that was homeless in there motorhome or campervan didn't se then getting out there cardboard and sleeping bag
bill

So did you go and ask them if thay were homeless or just assume they are i have parked their in my old van for years i have met a few full timers but never any one that was homeless in there motorhome or campervan didn't se then getting out there cardboard and sleeping bag
bill

Seems like you are just looking for an argument with that remark.

I have also used the Sea Life Centre for many years. I used it (and paid) for the one night I stayed in Scarborough. When wilding, I don't hang about taking the piss. At that time it was always quiet because the freeloading tossers in their shiny new A Class vans were all lined up on Marine Drive for their free, extended holiday of a week or more. I have also had the 1am drag racing etc, also had drunks playing football at 3am on one occasion.

As for the otherwise homeless living in vehicles, it happens a lot. One example here. Many of them are working but do not have a home.

Sorry folk's bean of the forums owing to being in hospital i do like Scarborough sea life center car park and even if its free over night i still put sumthing in the meter.
i do use the bins and i do use the pub i expect many try to pay nothing me personalty i like to put something back in to the community
a lot of the locals don't like it but they like the boy racers less and if motorhomes were not their the boy racers would
bill
I always put something back into the community, usually a coupla beers in the pub next door & last night a banging Chinese takeaway from in town. Rather do that than give to the greedy bloody council who only seem to fleece the locals anyway...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back