Scottish Borders Rally 27th September - 2nd October 2019

Scottish Borders Rally 27th September - 2nd October 2019
Posted by Biggarmac
Springwood Showground, Kelso, Scottish Borders, TD5 8LS
Friday, September 27, 2019 - 12:00 PM
Until: Wednesday, October 2, 2019 - 01:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Miquelon)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Miquelon

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
thanks for the info.

We aim to have lunch here and then toddle over with the dogs. Probably arriving mid afternoon or so.
OK. I might be at the Farmers market in Kelso centre, but will make sure someone knows where you will be able to go. Meg

Front part of exhaust has been 'wire fixed' to a part of the chassis on a temporary basis....enough to get me back home, approx 50 miles. Nice one man gang garage said that's the best he could do...no charge...still sounds like a tank, but at least I can reverse without the exhaust digging in.
Still at Kendal Cricket Club...it's festival week-end here, so that's a bonus, leave for home tomorrow and try to source an exhaust for a 2005 Hobby tag axle, alko chassis, right hand drive, 2.8 jtd fiat ducato...any clues?

Hope you all have a good time, and I'm sure we'll see you soon.

Allen & Eileen

If your exhaust tailpipe is on the UK nearside then you have a European exhaust system. If it is on the UK offside it is a UK one and easily sourced.

The European one is not so easy to source and is very expensive. It's usually cheaper to get a Stainless one made up. Another option is to buy a full UK exhaust system (apart from the pipe from the engine manifold, they are identical) and alter the hangers to suit it. This is what I did on my last van about 10 years ago. European exhaust =£300. UK exhaust £80 plus £65 for my Garage to fit it. I would have had a Stainless one but there were no nearby exhaust companies that could accommodate a 5 Ton vehicle.

Be popping over later this afternoon but you won't be able to see me as there is a herd of Scottish Zebras stoating around the place I understand

Meg,
Thanks for organising another great meet.
Really enjoyed it.
Looking forward to the frog.
Mike

Thanks to everyone who came to the meets at the Drum and Kelso. Only 5 of us left tonight - all on hardstanding.
The owner of the Drum has been in touch asking when we want to go there next year. Look out for a rally next July.

That's really good when we get invited back - although we were on our best behaviour 😂😂
Sorry we couldn't make Kelso, we were really looking forward to it.

Thanks Meg,for all your efforts in organising a great meet.
Also many thanks for those that made sure I pushed off - that weather on Friday had a lot to answer for !!
Roll on the next time.

Thank you Meg for a lovely few days at Kelso. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The A708 to Moffat was closed to through traffic and we found ourselves diverted via Peebles. So we had a look at the map and ended up staying overnight at a CL at Douglas Water, very close to junction 12 on the M74. That gave use plenty of time with our daughter the next day. Thank you again.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back