Scottish Meetings

• Thread starter Deleted member 5101
  • Start date
Good stuff but pitty it dont work on side wall slashes.
Also tyre fitters here refuse point blank to fix tyres with gunge in them.

Yes the old stuff used to corrode the rims and it was a nightmare to clean rims but puncture safe is the only one on market that doesn't set or crust and is non toxic so just needs washing off and then rim drying but a lot of fitters just think all products are the same, the main objection is that they are losing out on puncture repairs. Side wall rips will always be a problem but at least with ours it will stem the loss of air so you can drive to a safe place to get the tyre changed

Yes the old stuff used to corrode the rims and it was a nightmare to clean rims but puncture safe is the only one on market that doesn't set or crust and is non toxic so just needs washing off and then rim drying but a lot of fitters just think all products are the same, the main objection is that they are losing out on puncture repairs. Side wall rips will always be a problem but at least with ours it will stem the loss of air so you can drive to a safe place to get the tyre changed
It caused a lot of problems on my rears wheels last year, the previous owner had it put in. I had a slow puncture, tyre fitter found it had corroded the rims causing the leak and gummed up the valve completely, a few months latter the other one started leaking the same, not so lucky this time, couldn't clean up the rusted rim enough to stop the leak so new rim had to be bought - Only gave me punctures not saved me from punctures
:mad:

Sorry to hear that but sadly some solutions on the market were toxic and corrosive, I had one similar last year where it had started to damage the inner tyre, fortunately with Puncture safe we have the safety data and chemists reports to show that it cant happen with this product but its a major problem trying to regain the trust of people who have experienced the problem products. As far as I'm aware three of these products are no longer on the market so hopefully things will become easier

I am interested, I will be at The Green Frog 11th - 15th Oct, travelling up the M6/M74 though. If you're on site at Moffat I'm in.
Hi Mark, really sorry but I will not be able to make the Green Frog over the week end , I've got some unexpected family stuff to sort out which is stopping me from getting up. Where are you based and I'll see if I can get a local distributor to contact you and offer the same deal or I may be able to call over myself.
Thanks Mike

Hi Mark, really sorry but I will not be able to make the Green Frog over the week end , I've got some unexpected family stuff to sort out which is stopping me from getting up. Where are you based and I'll see if I can get a local distributor to contact you and offer the same deal or I may be able to call over myself.
Thanks Mike

Hi Mike,

Hope the family stuff is nothing too serious.
I live in Coventry if you have anyone near there.

Mark

Thanks Mark, its not to serious fortunately but I need to be here, I should have asked where you were based before, I've just come back from visiting wifes family in Leicester, was down for a few days last wk. How long are you at Moffat for there's a chance I could get up on Mon or Tues Morning.
Cheers Mike

It caused a lot of problems on my rears wheels last year, the previous owner had it put in. I had a slow puncture, tyre fitter found it had corroded the rims causing the leak and gummed up the valve completely, a few months latter the other one started leaking the same, not so lucky this time, couldn't clean up the rusted rim enough to stop the leak so new rim had to be bought - Only gave me punctures not saved me from punctures
:mad:
Should have shotblasted the rims and two pac epoxy primed them,i used to do lots of taxi rims.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back