Self levelling system

Articstorm

Self levelling system

Taking cost out how many of you would want self levelling on you motorhome

It would be nice if alot cheaper,but I would think it would eat into your payload.

I very rarely bother to use levellers any way,it has to be really uneven for me to bother!

I'd have it if fitted, but otherwise no, there is also a weight penalty.

From what I've read about it, it also stops the van being rocked about by strong winds which I can say would have been nice a few times.
Supposedly can also be used if need to change a wheel.
In a downpour:-
1. Sit in van and press button.
2. Go outside to play with ramps.
Yes I would have it fitted.

I am keen

only thing stopping me is the age of my camper 10 years old next April

I can imagine they would be really useful to :-

put on snow chains
change tyre
change winters for summer wheels
change my front discs which are looking like they need doing

help if i get stuck in mud by lifting up wheel to allow something to be put under wheel

Parking at home on steep drive allowing van to be at a better level so i can pre chill fridge /freezer

Why wouldn't you want one.
Or 4 air jacks (bottle or 3 section rubber) and a 12v compressor from Alibaba and there's change from £600. Plus a kneeling pad of course.
I've been using an air jack lots lately so will have one on-board as necessary stuff from now on.

Before I totally dismiss on the basis of cost...... What does it cost:redface:

Not for me, I much prefer to keep things simple where I can and a few wooden blocks have always done me ok. Having said that I’m not someone who has to have it dead level. As long as the front isn’t higher than the back I’m usually ok (we sleep lengthways heads at the back).

I have been quoted £4800 ish plus advised of a pending cost increase Around Feb/ Mar /Apr ???

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back