Should we fit an alarm...opinions please!

Vanbitz also have a campsite where you can stay before/after fitting on the doorstep if needed, one stay is free I beleive.
We were surpried by the wait too, but I'd rather that than 'yes mate bring it round now'. Don't forget 10% discount for being a member of another site which you must tell them when booking.

I have no connection with Vanbitz.... Only as a very satisfied customer.

We spent a lot of money puting a Vanbitz alarm on the van, no issues with Vanbitz, but boss is terrified that it will go off when the dog is in it, I know you can turn off the internal sensors, but she is not convinced that it wouldn't go wrong. Keep it on if wildcamping, but wish we could reduce the sound of the sirens. Never seems to reduce the cost of the insurance.

maintenance for us is an issue as it' a trek to get the alarm serviced.

would I get an alarm again, not sure, but I wish I could disable the sirens at times.

We have an alarm, it makes me feel safer at night and when we lock up and leave the van. We have a dog so we have the doors and windows alarmed.

We spent a lot of money puting a Vanbitz alarm on the van, no issues with Vanbitz, but boss is terrified that it will go off when the dog is in it, I know you can turn off the internal sensors, but she is not convinced that it wouldn't go wrong. Keep it on if wildcamping, but wish we could reduce the sound of the sirens. Never seems to reduce the cost of the insurance.

maintenance for us is an issue as it' a trek to get the alarm serviced.

would I get an alarm again, not sure, but I wish I could disable the sirens at times.
The Vanbitz Growler does have the facility to turn off the internal alarms (separately controlled) as well as the internal sensors, ideal when leaving the dog on board.

I have Outsmart The Thief alarm and tracker fitted. It's £650 + £95 for a years subscription. All the people I know that have the system say its is excellent and the telephone response times are under a minute.

Outsmart the thief

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back