Small Calor Gas bottles to be discontinued

GMJ

A friend who goes on another forum sent me this yesterday. It doesnt affect us but may be of interest to others...

1674106916430.png

We have a VW California at present, about to trade for a larger van which has a gas locker for two 3.9 kg bottles, my question are there alternatives and if so will they also disappear

We have a VW California at present, about to trade for a larger van which has a gas locker for two 3.9 kg bottles, my question are there alternatives and if so will they also disappear
See Campervanie Thread on Calor Bottles think your size can be changed to 6kg

The much taller 6kg are not going to fit in a lot of smaller campervans - mine included. I believe in some countries it is common practise to refill smaller bottles from larger ones, just poured in via a gas tube as the gas is in liquid form and the bottles are at low pressure. Probably health and safety rules against it here....

apparently Flogas are continuing to do the same sizes that Calor are discontinuing. So just a matter of buying a new cylinder from Flogas and starting fresh with them.
Calor are swapping the old small ones for the larger size so it should be possible to sell on the Calors to cover the cost of the Flogas one?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back