Snow Socks

Hi G:Smiling_Face_Emoji: I believe they are quite good on slippery grass and mud too.

Pudsey Bear;n9977 said:
Hi G:Smiling_Face_Emoji: I believe they are quite good on slippery grass and mud too.

What are socks ,chains or easygrips

i cant see that socks would help on mud / wet grass -knowing how they work on snow

Chains are great at ploughing up the camp site , used them once on muddy field with my mates ducato , left deep trenches across the grass and ended up digging itself a deep hole that it would not come out resulting in a tractor tow out

Ginebrosa;n9872 said:
Copious fines for being wallys and have to pay to be taken back down the mountain.

Pardon my ignorance - but what are they fined for?

is there a law that you have to carry chains?

In Andorra winter equipment is obligatory when indicated .

Pardon my ignorance - but what are they fined for?

is there a law that you have to carry chains?

in some countries yes and ignorance of the law is no excuse not to be aware of it. however, if you do get stopped by the local fuzz and you're in a foreign registered vehicle, you may be able to plead ignorance the 1st time and they will often either a) send you back down the hill, or b) direct you to a local garage where you can buy some.or c) if they're having a bad day, give you a fine.

Looking out from my camper window at the view over the C&MC campsite at Broadway some people may need to put their Autosocks snowsocks to the test today

lets us know if your slipping around today and if you used them (or snow chains)

i have to leave here today and drive home weather forecast website suggests its snowing all the way along M50 down towards M4 at Newport

I am in Cirencester and we have 4 inches plus drifting

Good luck!

Graham
smile.gif

Rockburner;n12032 said:
Trek - did you make it?

yes , easy steady drive home , left BROADWAY about 14:30 and arrived home about 4PM

waited until tomtom live traffic website (mydrive) showed no delays on my route

local roads still full of snow drove north to Evesham and then on A road to M5

M5 clear as was M50 though the outside lane on M50 was narrow in places

two car accident must have recently happened on M50 by junc 2
vehicle occupants standing on hard shoulder and highways people on site looks like they were waiting for recovery

no idea how they collided the one car seemed to have suffered damage to drivers door and the other car front end

could only guess that one car had overtaken the other and maybe aquaplanned or lost control when outside wheels went into snow and slush on outside of lane as already mentioned it was narrow tarmac in places and spun in front of other ???

Articulated lorry also had just exited M50 junc 1 and was stuck just at end of slip road, I could see people with shovels trying to clear a path for him

also further on a car had been abandoned on opposite side of road just after Penycraig it was up on verge and at 90degrees to road

P.s. confident i was going to be ok with winter tyres snow socks and chains but could easily be thwarted by just one stuck lorry

Last edited:
Michelin EasyGrip. Michelin EasyGrip.

These are all you need, after years of taking the van to ski locations I’ve tried everything. Fit/Remove in minutes, good on all surfaces and superb quality. Since buying them I still carry my full chains set but have never used them.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back