Solar controller upgrade on a budget

I reckon that Votronic know what they are doing - with the efficiency claimed there is going to be very little heat generated.
Presumably those manufacturers who provide massive heatsinks expect their kit to waste enough energy to need them.

I reckon that Votronic know what they are doing - with the efficiency claimed there is going to be very little heat generated.
Presumably those manufacturers who provide massive heatsinks expect their kit to waste enough energy to need them.
Large Heatsinks = lower operating temps = greater reliability.

They also mean reduced fan usage = lower noise and reduced moving parts = greater reliability.

Small Heatsinks mean the reverse, but they do make the parts cheaper to manufacture ;)

I have been using my Votronic 250 Duo well over a year and not had any problems. They only make equipment for vehicles and boats and have a very good name when I was looking round. They do a lot of gear for emergency services as well.

I also got a Votronic 30amp B2B and that is tiny as well, similar size to the MPPT controller but with a small fan. Can’t say I have heard it run but probably a ‘silent’ fan. As Mark says they work on the gear being fitted out of site in a locker or cupboard so no point having a display. They do have some led’s if you need to check status but I only ever look if I am changing something. When I bought my MPPT I got a bundle with the Solar Computer so I can see what’s happening but o se it’s worth the cost of them if on a budget.

I wouldn’t hesitate to chose Votronic again

They come with 3 years warranty.
Generally I prefer fit and forget kit.
I get enough flak about using my phone without checking battery condition as well 😀

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back