Suspension arm pin or bush worn

Norman Waddington

This is an advisory from my MOT on a 2015 fiat Ducato. My garage says replacing the whole arm would be cheaper option than replacing the Bush or pin.

The advisory says it is not resulting in excessive wear. Your thoughts on whether to wait for next MOT due later this year or get it done immediately

Not usually
This is an advisory from my MOT on a 2015 fiat Ducato. My garage says replacing the whole arm would be cheaper option than replacing the Bush or pin.

The advisory says it is not resulting in excessive wear. Your thoughts on whether to wait for next MOT due later this year or get it done immediately
Not usually an expensive part OR difficult to fit ....

I'd get it done as soon as ...

It's only going to get worse and could end up failing somewhere where it's a nightmare to,deal with .

Mind I always try to get advisories sorted ASAP ...
Peace of mind AND always makes my MOT guy happy .

Sometimes when you remove ( a front suspension if it the front you mean) you have to knock the arm out from where the ball joint goes in this can not all times cause play or even start a knock after susp bush renewal,so if it was me I would replace my arm as soon as it suited this is my opinion only hope it assists you in you deciding

I had ours done on my old van and the fitter who did it said it was cheaper and quicker to replace the whole rod as the extra cost for the complete item worked out cheaper than the extra time you had to pay for.

I had ours done on my old van and the fitter who did it said it was cheaper and quicker to replace the whole rod as the extra cost for the complete item worked out cheaper than the extra time you had to pay for.
Confirms what I've been told. Thanks

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back