Teleco Satellite won’t lock

Strollerbird

We are in Spain at the moment. Before we left we noticed the Teleco satellite would not lock on to Astra 2. It would however lock onto Astra 1. I didn’t think this was a problem since we couldn’t get British tv and we would use other satellites to get foreign tv but BBC news.
Now we are in Spain it won’t lock in to any satellite. Any suggestions?

I had a problem with my Teleco unit not locking on to Astra 2 (but OK on at least one other satellite) in the first few days of October this year and resolved it with a download (dated 02.10.2019) from the Teleco website. If your unit has not been updated, check to see whether it's one of those listed at http://www.support-telecogroup.com/telecogroup/teleco/en/support/software.asp and try the relevant download. I needed a USB B to USB A cable to connect my laptop to the Teleco unit - loads at home but I ended up buying a cable from a French supermarket. You don't say which specific unit you have, so you may require a different connector. Once equipped, just click on the downloaded .exe file and follow on-screen instructions.

Thanks that is brilliant and seems to answer it but I can’t identify which teleco system it is . The control box says Easy Black Box but no identifying model. It is one of the system that whizzes around on the roof but I don’t know if it skews or not.
The dish was changed from 60 to 85cms when we bought it so I can’t be sure that it would give an accurate description.
Any other help in identifying it would be greatly appreciated

I've googled Teleco in conjunction with "Easy Black Box" and have come up with only a few pages of hits, mainly Dutch and a few French.

You could try contacting a Spanish service agent if there is one near you so that they can actually see the unit, or alternatively the UK Coordinator, SCAN-TERIEUR LTD 30 THE METRO CENTRE - TOLPITS LANE WD18 9XG WATFORD - HERTS. TEL.01923 800353 FAX. 01923 220358 WEB www.scan-terieur.com Details of European agents are at http://www.support-telecogroup.com/telecogroup/common-pdf/service-partner/SERVICE-EUROPE.pdf
I found Scan-Terieur helpful and knowledgeable when I contacted them regarding an issue with my system no longer locking onto Eutelsat 5W. In addition to the contact form on their website, there is (or was in 2017) an email address info@Scan-Terieur.com

Hope this helps.

I think I will wait til I get home now - I have brought a MacBook away with me so won’t be able to run the .exe file
It’s no great loss. We don’t watch much telly anyway and we can get the news on the bbc app
Thanks for your help; it will give me a basis to sort it out when home

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back