The Red Button

GMJ

I read yesterday that the BBC are stopping this aspect of their broadcasting from 30/01/20. Alternatives are to watch the BBC News channel or log in and watch the on-line stuff.

Do any of you folks use the Red Button for news snippets?

Every morning while at home (or away if in satellite range) we usually peruse the Red Button for news whilst enjoying our first coffee of the day. Its especially useful for catching up on news from home (Wales) which doesn't tend to make the national news. We don't always have wifi when we are away.

We will miss it :cry:

Graham:(

I think I can count on one hand the times I have used the red button or similar options on any channel. Must be stopping due to the costs I assume.

Its the first thing I check each morning once I have switched the bbc news on.
I check the main headlines and sport, sad to see it go.
As far as I’m aware no other channels have ceefax/teletext.

Ah sorry I thought the red button gave you different camera angles and things like that. Only time I recall using a red button was on Sky Sports F1 where it did exactly that.

obviously the one you are on about is nothing like that though. I find I ‘ask Alexa’ quite a bit now but that is spoken not watched

Same as Obanboy above: I make a coffee for us both and retreat back to bed and peruse the headlines, first thing in the morning. At night I get a sneak view of the sport when Mrs GMJ is saying good night to the bathroom!

We just don't like watching telly first thing tbh. If we have wifi we can peruse our tablet I guess.

Shame really

Graham :(

If you check your channels you might find the 'red button' channel is on one of the high numbered channels, around the 900+ (after the topless darts and telephone date channels!!).

Possibly they will still be transmitting on this channel or are they moving it to internet based like BBC3?

Its worth a check but my understanding is that it is ceasing so I'm guessing that channel will too.

Now...topless darts you say...:eek:

Graham:D

Its worth a check but my understanding is that it is ceasing so I'm guessing that channel will too.

Now...topless darts you say...:eek:

Graham:D

Frankly I really couldn't cope with topless darts.
The thought of the players showing hairy, wobbly beer guts puts me off pretty much everything.
I don't suppose the organisers could insist on a back, crack and sack wax and/or jogging bottoms that go up to the nipples to make it slightly less upsetting should it be allowed?
Apologies for being a spoil-sport but I find this concept more than a little troubling.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Frankly I really couldn't cope with topless darts.
The thought of the players showing hairy, wobbly beer guts puts me off pretty much everything.
I don't suppose the organisers could insist on a back, crack and sack wax and/or jogging bottoms that go up to the nipples to make it slightly less upsetting should it be allowed?
Apologies for being a spoil-sport but I find this concept more than a little troubling.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

I know how to shut a thread down......
............... and seem to have done just that with my last post!

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

I know how to shut a thread down......
............... and seem to have done just that with my last post!

Colin 🙂🙂🙂
I think Colin it may be not many folks using the red button had anything to add rather than you. I can’t see you doing any wrong :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back