Thetford fridge freezer not cold

RichardHelen262

We are down in France and noticed that items in the fridge are not as cold as normal and that items in the freezer have defrosted,
A couple of days before leaving I had the fridge on 240v then it has switched to 12v automatically when driving and onto gas when parked up, I can hear the gas burning which it is doing constantly, where normally when on gas it will burn for a little while then go off for a while but now it is just burning all the time, but not cooling things down.
The outside vent covers are removed.

Last edited:
That is just what ours was doing , then after a few weeks it also started to smell . I took the burner off cleaned it , raplaced the jet £15 , then cleaned out the flue were lots of soot came out . It has worked like new since . Good luck

Thank you I will have a look at this

Get a cheep USB fan on a switch and cool the top fins i have just had a simller problem during the day also try to keep the fridge side of the van in the shade.
Then when you get back fit two computer fans and a thermal switch so it switches on when the fridge gets to hot
once i done this i had no further problems with warm beer
bill

Sorry. I had the same problem on my auto sleeper thetford fridge , lost the gas new fridge needed .😭😭😭 I was asked by the dealer to feel if the gas pipes were' getting hot, if not the gas may have gone .Had to take it in for checking ,new fridge fitted under dealer warranty 3 1\2 year's old .

Last edited:
had similar problems this trip with my dometic tower ended up having new burner unit fitted at camperserve in loule freezer worked better than ever ice in water bottles etc in 30+ deg after ten days problem returned i removed the burner unit there is a small cap on end of pipe with an orifice the size of a sewing needle got a bit of gritty dust out of burner touch wood working fine 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back